Gearbox now owns Duke Nukem IP
Gearbox Software aren't just the reviving Duke Nukem Forever as a one off. The Borderlands developer has bought the classic games IP in hope of giving the series a new lease of life.
The official line from Gearbox is that they've acquired the full intellectual property rights of the Duke Nukem brand including Duke Nukem Forever and all future projects in a cooperative deal with 3DRealms.
An excited Randy Pitchford, Gearbox CEO explained: Fifteen years ago, Duke Nukem 3D helped launch my professional videogame development career.
He continued: The Gearbox Software team and I are ecstatic that we have grown to a position to be able to pick up and carry the torch and help Duke rise back to glory in his time of need.
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter