Gearbox now owns Duke Nukem IP
Gearbox Software aren't just the reviving Duke Nukem Forever as a one off. The Borderlands developer has bought the classic games IP in hope of giving the series a new lease of life.
The official line from Gearbox is that they've acquired the full intellectual property rights of the Duke Nukem brand including Duke Nukem Forever and all future projects in a cooperative deal with 3DRealms.
An excited Randy Pitchford, Gearbox CEO explained: Fifteen years ago, Duke Nukem 3D helped launch my professional videogame development career.
He continued: The Gearbox Software team and I are ecstatic that we have grown to a position to be able to pick up and carry the torch and help Duke rise back to glory in his time of need.
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0
- New trailer makes Final Fantasy Type-0 HD look like the darkest Final Fantasy game yet
- Screenshot on the PlayStation Blog points to an Uncharted re-release on PS4
- EA gives a release window for Star Wars: Battlefront
- Activision announces details and a release date for Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below