Gearbox now owns Duke Nukem IP
Gearbox Software aren't just the reviving Duke Nukem Forever as a one off. The Borderlands developer has bought the classic games IP in hope of giving the series a new lease of life.
The official line from Gearbox is that they've acquired the full intellectual property rights of the Duke Nukem brand including Duke Nukem Forever and all future projects in a cooperative deal with 3DRealms.
An excited Randy Pitchford, Gearbox CEO explained: Fifteen years ago, Duke Nukem 3D helped launch my professional videogame development career.
He continued: The Gearbox Software team and I are ecstatic that we have grown to a position to be able to pick up and carry the torch and help Duke rise back to glory in his time of need.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3