Gearbox now owns Duke Nukem IP
Gearbox Software aren't just the reviving Duke Nukem Forever as a one off. The Borderlands developer has bought the classic games IP in hope of giving the series a new lease of life.
The official line from Gearbox is that they've acquired the full intellectual property rights of the Duke Nukem brand including Duke Nukem Forever and all future projects in a cooperative deal with 3DRealms.
An excited Randy Pitchford, Gearbox CEO explained: Fifteen years ago, Duke Nukem 3D helped launch my professional videogame development career.
He continued: The Gearbox Software team and I are ecstatic that we have grown to a position to be able to pick up and carry the torch and help Duke rise back to glory in his time of need.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto