Gearbox now owns Duke Nukem IP
Gearbox Software aren't just the reviving Duke Nukem Forever as a one off. The Borderlands developer has bought the classic games IP in hope of giving the series a new lease of life.
The official line from Gearbox is that they've acquired the full intellectual property rights of the Duke Nukem brand including Duke Nukem Forever and all future projects in a cooperative deal with 3DRealms.
An excited Randy Pitchford, Gearbox CEO explained: Fifteen years ago, Duke Nukem 3D helped launch my professional videogame development career.
He continued: The Gearbox Software team and I are ecstatic that we have grown to a position to be able to pick up and carry the torch and help Duke rise back to glory in his time of need.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III