Fumito Ueda apologises for the ongoing delays with The Last Guardian
Ico and Shadow Of The Colossus creator Fumito Ueda has apologised over the delay of his final opus with Sony, The Last Guardian.
It has been a long time since the game was announced at E3 in 2009 and it had been in development fro two years before it was announced Sadly it has been plagued by delays that Sony as put down to technical issues.
”Maintaining motivation is all about producing something great,” he went on. “A hobby or alcohol might help to refresh you temporarily, but they won’t motivate creativity. Also, the original staff members on Ico and SOTC are just as fussy over details as I am. I always want to create quickly, and I always want to increase the rate of production. In the case of The Last Guardian, my creative work was mostly finished a long time ago, but the details of when, where and how it will be completed are beyond my control.”
Thanks Edge Online.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3