Red Dead rakes in the cash for Take-Two
Take-Two has announced a vast improvement on their third quarter profits from last year mainly due to the success of Red Dead Redemption.
The Q3 net revenue jumped from 94.9 million USD in 2009 to 354.1 million for the same period this year.
John Marston's adventures in Red Dead Redemption played a huge part in this jump but the continued success of Borderlands, GTA IV and the release of GTA IV: Episodes from Liberty City on the PS3 also helped account for the huge jump in revenues.
The Q3 report also hinted at high hopes for the Michael Jordan-fronted NBA 2K11 due out later this autumn.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer