Red Dead rakes in the cash for Take-Two
Take-Two has announced a vast improvement on their third quarter profits from last year mainly due to the success of Red Dead Redemption.
The Q3 net revenue jumped from 94.9 million USD in 2009 to 354.1 million for the same period this year.
John Marston's adventures in Red Dead Redemption played a huge part in this jump but the continued success of Borderlands, GTA IV and the release of GTA IV: Episodes from Liberty City on the PS3 also helped account for the huge jump in revenues.
The Q3 report also hinted at high hopes for the Michael Jordan-fronted NBA 2K11 due out later this autumn.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year