Activision wants Black Ops to beat Modern Warfare 2
Activision has some massive ambitions for Call of Duty: Black Ops and they're investing the cash to make them reality.
The leviathan games publisher wants to make Call of Duty: Black Ops and they will be using the biggest marketing campaign in the history of the company to make it happen.
The opening shot of the marketing campaign will come during the England vs Bulgaria match tomorrow when the first TV advert airs.
Call of Duty general manager for Europe Michal Sportouch told MCV: "We've a fantastic game and a fantastic marketing campaign so our ambition is to set another record like we did with Modern Warfare 2."
He added: ""The resources invested behind Black Ops in terms of development of the game and the marketing are the highest ever for Activision. Our ambition is not only to be the biggest game but also the biggest entertainment launch of the year."
Call of Duty: Black Ops will storm stores worldwide on November the 9th on PC, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii and DS.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer