Activision wants Black Ops to beat Modern Warfare 2
Activision has some massive ambitions for Call of Duty: Black Ops and they're investing the cash to make them reality.
The leviathan games publisher wants to make Call of Duty: Black Ops and they will be using the biggest marketing campaign in the history of the company to make it happen.
The opening shot of the marketing campaign will come during the England vs Bulgaria match tomorrow when the first TV advert airs.
Call of Duty general manager for Europe Michal Sportouch told MCV: "We've a fantastic game and a fantastic marketing campaign so our ambition is to set another record like we did with Modern Warfare 2."
He added: ""The resources invested behind Black Ops in terms of development of the game and the marketing are the highest ever for Activision. Our ambition is not only to be the biggest game but also the biggest entertainment launch of the year."
Call of Duty: Black Ops will storm stores worldwide on November the 9th on PC, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii and DS.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey