BioShock Infinite dropped prototype ideas to spawn other titles
Irrational Games head Ken Levine has revealed that the prototype ideas that didn't make it into BioShock Infinite may appear in another title.
Levine told 1UP in an interview that they had been playing around with a few ideas before settling on BioShock Infinite and the ideas that weren't quite right for the game were a too good to ditch.
He began: "We finished BioShock, and we really didn't know what was going to be next. We actually prototyped a bunch of stuff... kinda decided it wasn't [right], and sat in a room and said, what else is interesting us? The idea of doing another BioShock game came up, but we knew if we were going to do that it wasn't going to be a game in Rapture."
"The fun thing about working on shooters is a lot of things you're doing are applicable. So there are some notions that came out of that prototype that are going to be in this game [BioShock Infinite]. And I think, from what I've heard, there's some notions that are going to be in other games too, that came out of this prototype. That's kind of cool, [but it's] not anything we're working on," he added.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer