Epic Games announce their first iPhone project
Apple's Steve Jobs has announced a project that will see Epic Games making their first title for the iPhone.
Project Sword as it is named just now will be the Gears of War developer's first foray onto the iPhone but it will also see the Unreal Engine become available for iPhone developers to use.
The new game will offer "epic sword battles" as well as supporting the newly announced Game Centre.
It was no coincidence that Jobs also announced the iPhone's answer to Xbox Live, Game Centre which will offer iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad users a gaming community service very similar to Xbox Live. Game Centre will arrive with iOS 4.1 when it hits updaters next week.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3