Sony readying an iTunes competitor for PSN
Sony will finally join in the battle for your digital record collection.
They announced that they will be launching a film and music service akin to iTunes at the IFA technology show in Berlin.
The service will initially offer music and video over PSN to the PS3 and PSP but it will expand to work with internet-ready Bravia TVs, Walkmans, Sony-Ericsson mobile phones and Blu-Ray players.
It is also believed that Sony will be integrate Gracenote functionality into the service.
Thanks Financial Times.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3