Rise Of The Tomb Raider exclusivity and opportunity to give the Xbox One it's own Uncharted says Phil Spencer
Microsoft's Xbox boss Phil Spencer has been talking a little bit about their reasons for securing Rise of The Tomb Raider as an Xbox exclusive.
Spencer spoke of his admiration for the Uncharted series and how he wished that they had a similar series for the Xbox One.
“I’m a big fan of Uncharted and I wish we had an action adventure game of that ilk,” Spencer said. “We’ve started some, and we’ve looked at them. But we don’t have one today of that quality. This is an opportunity.”
Rise Of The Tomb Raider is due to arrive on the Xbox One and Xbox 360 in time for Christmas 2015 although all indications are that it is a timed exclusive deal so PC, PS4 and PS3 versions haven't been ruled out.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer