Rise Of The Tomb Raider exclusivity and opportunity to give the Xbox One it's own Uncharted says Phil Spencer
Microsoft's Xbox boss Phil Spencer has been talking a little bit about their reasons for securing Rise of The Tomb Raider as an Xbox exclusive.
Spencer spoke of his admiration for the Uncharted series and how he wished that they had a similar series for the Xbox One.
“I’m a big fan of Uncharted and I wish we had an action adventure game of that ilk,” Spencer said. “We’ve started some, and we’ve looked at them. But we don’t have one today of that quality. This is an opportunity.”
Rise Of The Tomb Raider is due to arrive on the Xbox One and Xbox 360 in time for Christmas 2015 although all indications are that it is a timed exclusive deal so PC, PS4 and PS3 versions haven't been ruled out.
- BioWare's David Gaider moves from Dragon Age to a new secret BioWare project
- Cross-Buy coming to Windows 10 and Xbox One staring with Zen Pinball FX2
- Bungie knew about Destiny's loot cave before launch
- This year's BAFTA Games Awards to stream live on Twitch, watch it here
- Harmonix confirms Rock Band 4 coming to next-gen consoles this year
- Wasteland 2 also coming to the PS4
- Block 'N' Load gets a final launch date
- Elite: Dangerous is a timed exclusive on the Xbox One, PS4 version is coming too
- Phil Harrison rumoured to be leaving Microsoft