Rise Of The Tomb Raider exclusivity and opportunity to give the Xbox One it's own Uncharted says Phil Spencer
Microsoft's Xbox boss Phil Spencer has been talking a little bit about their reasons for securing Rise of The Tomb Raider as an Xbox exclusive.
Spencer spoke of his admiration for the Uncharted series and how he wished that they had a similar series for the Xbox One.
“I’m a big fan of Uncharted and I wish we had an action adventure game of that ilk,” Spencer said. “We’ve started some, and we’ve looked at them. But we don’t have one today of that quality. This is an opportunity.”
Rise Of The Tomb Raider is due to arrive on the Xbox One and Xbox 360 in time for Christmas 2015 although all indications are that it is a timed exclusive deal so PC, PS4 and PS3 versions haven't been ruled out.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side