Rise Of The Tomb Raider exclusivity and opportunity to give the Xbox One it's own Uncharted says Phil Spencer
Microsoft's Xbox boss Phil Spencer has been talking a little bit about their reasons for securing Rise of The Tomb Raider as an Xbox exclusive.
Spencer spoke of his admiration for the Uncharted series and how he wished that they had a similar series for the Xbox One.
“I’m a big fan of Uncharted and I wish we had an action adventure game of that ilk,” Spencer said. “We’ve started some, and we’ve looked at them. But we don’t have one today of that quality. This is an opportunity.”
Rise Of The Tomb Raider is due to arrive on the Xbox One and Xbox 360 in time for Christmas 2015 although all indications are that it is a timed exclusive deal so PC, PS4 and PS3 versions haven't been ruled out.
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch