Rise Of The Tomb Raider exclusivity and opportunity to give the Xbox One it's own Uncharted says Phil Spencer
Microsoft's Xbox boss Phil Spencer has been talking a little bit about their reasons for securing Rise of The Tomb Raider as an Xbox exclusive.
Spencer spoke of his admiration for the Uncharted series and how he wished that they had a similar series for the Xbox One.
“I’m a big fan of Uncharted and I wish we had an action adventure game of that ilk,” Spencer said. “We’ve started some, and we’ve looked at them. But we don’t have one today of that quality. This is an opportunity.”
Rise Of The Tomb Raider is due to arrive on the Xbox One and Xbox 360 in time for Christmas 2015 although all indications are that it is a timed exclusive deal so PC, PS4 and PS3 versions haven't been ruled out.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year