Blizzard interested in Starcraft movie if Cameron is at the helm
Space marine originator James 'Jimmy' Cameron is Blizzard's ideal director to bring its new-age space marine Jimmy Raynor to the sliver screen, according to the company's executive vice president of game design Rob Pardo.
While Blizzard is hesitant to green light a movie based on its recent blockbuster hit, the developer would do so if they could find the right creative people. That's always been the challenge for us, explained Pardo to MTV.
James Cameron, who directed the horror-classic Aliens and 2009's 3-D blockbuster Avatar, would be the ideal prospect for the big-screen conversion, though. I think if Jim Cameron came to us tomorrow and said, 'You want to make a 'StarCraft' movie?' we'd probably sign that", Pardo said.
Meanwhile, the studio announced in 2006 that it would develop a film based on its other hit property, World of Warcraft. Evil Dead/Army of Darkness director Sam Raimi is currently slated to produce the movie.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone