Neverwinter may or may not require a subscription
It appears that Cryptic Studios hasn't settled on a business model for their new D and D project, Neverwinter.
Their new co-op RPG title based on the ongoing saga of the Dungeons and Dragons city of Neverwinter may or may not feature a subscription of some kind.
Cryptic COO Jack Emmert told Gamasutra: "I can guarantee you that we envision this as an online product that will continue to grow over time, that we continue to add content to."
Carrying on in the same vein he added: "So whether it's subscription fee, whether it's free-to-play, whether it's microtransactions, whether it's pay-by-the-minute [laughs], whether it's some sort of Ponzi scheme that I haven't figured out, I don't know. None of that has been announced."
Neverwinter is due out at the end of 2011 for the PC and will be based around five-player co-operative play.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer