Neverwinter may or may not require a subscription
It appears that Cryptic Studios hasn't settled on a business model for their new D and D project, Neverwinter.
Their new co-op RPG title based on the ongoing saga of the Dungeons and Dragons city of Neverwinter may or may not feature a subscription of some kind.
Cryptic COO Jack Emmert told Gamasutra: "I can guarantee you that we envision this as an online product that will continue to grow over time, that we continue to add content to."
Carrying on in the same vein he added: "So whether it's subscription fee, whether it's free-to-play, whether it's microtransactions, whether it's pay-by-the-minute [laughs], whether it's some sort of Ponzi scheme that I haven't figured out, I don't know. None of that has been announced."
Neverwinter is due out at the end of 2011 for the PC and will be based around five-player co-operative play.
- Final piece of Dark Souls II Season Pass DLC arrives on PC and Xbox 360
- CD Projekt RED releases some concept art for Triss and Emhyr from The Witcher 3
- 2K announces the new MyCareer mode for WWE 2K15
- Microsoft skips 9 and goes straight to announcing Windows 10
- Luis Suarez' ban extends into FIFA 15 as well
- Creative Assembly revives the multiplayer for Rome: Total War – Alexander on Steam
- Shadow Of Mordor launch trailer makes the game look suitably epic
- Minecraft for PS Vita heads into final testing
- PlayStation Home to close next year