Microsoft insisted on 1080p for Diablo III on the Xbox One
Blizzard has revealed that Microsoft insisted that they get Diablo III running at 1080p on the Xbox One.
At E3 Blizzard were showing the Xbox One version of Diablo III running at 900p as they were finding 1080p challenging but were told by Microsoft that 900p was “unacceptable”.
Blizzard's John Hight stated, “We did find it challenging early on to get it to 1080p. That’s why we made the decision to drop to 900. That’s what we demoed and were showing around E3 time. And Microsoft was just like, ‘This is unacceptable. You need to figure out a way to get a better resolution.’ So we worked with them directly, they gave us a code update to let us get to full 1080p.”
Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition is out today on PS4, PS3 Xbox One and Xbox 360. Watch out for our review which will go up on the site later on this week.
Thanks Eurogamer's Digital Foundry.
- BioWare's David Gaider moves from Dragon Age to a new secret BioWare project
- Cross-Buy coming to Windows 10 and Xbox One staring with Zen Pinball FX2
- Bungie knew about Destiny's loot cave before launch
- This year's BAFTA Games Awards to stream live on Twitch, watch it here
- Harmonix confirms Rock Band 4 coming to next-gen consoles this year
- Wasteland 2 also coming to the PS4
- Block 'N' Load gets a final launch date
- Elite: Dangerous is a timed exclusive on the Xbox One, PS4 version is coming too
- Phil Harrison rumoured to be leaving Microsoft