Microsoft insisted on 1080p for Diablo III on the Xbox One
Blizzard has revealed that Microsoft insisted that they get Diablo III running at 1080p on the Xbox One.
At E3 Blizzard were showing the Xbox One version of Diablo III running at 900p as they were finding 1080p challenging but were told by Microsoft that 900p was “unacceptable”.
Blizzard's John Hight stated, “We did find it challenging early on to get it to 1080p. That’s why we made the decision to drop to 900. That’s what we demoed and were showing around E3 time. And Microsoft was just like, ‘This is unacceptable. You need to figure out a way to get a better resolution.’ So we worked with them directly, they gave us a code update to let us get to full 1080p.”
Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition is out today on PS4, PS3 Xbox One and Xbox 360. Watch out for our review which will go up on the site later on this week.
Thanks Eurogamer's Digital Foundry.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone