Microsoft insisted on 1080p for Diablo III on the Xbox One
Blizzard has revealed that Microsoft insisted that they get Diablo III running at 1080p on the Xbox One.
At E3 Blizzard were showing the Xbox One version of Diablo III running at 900p as they were finding 1080p challenging but were told by Microsoft that 900p was “unacceptable”.
Blizzard's John Hight stated, “We did find it challenging early on to get it to 1080p. That’s why we made the decision to drop to 900. That’s what we demoed and were showing around E3 time. And Microsoft was just like, ‘This is unacceptable. You need to figure out a way to get a better resolution.’ So we worked with them directly, they gave us a code update to let us get to full 1080p.”
Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition is out today on PS4, PS3 Xbox One and Xbox 360. Watch out for our review which will go up on the site later on this week.
Thanks Eurogamer's Digital Foundry.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year