Microsoft insisted on 1080p for Diablo III on the Xbox One
Blizzard has revealed that Microsoft insisted that they get Diablo III running at 1080p on the Xbox One.
At E3 Blizzard were showing the Xbox One version of Diablo III running at 900p as they were finding 1080p challenging but were told by Microsoft that 900p was “unacceptable”.
Blizzard's John Hight stated, “We did find it challenging early on to get it to 1080p. That’s why we made the decision to drop to 900. That’s what we demoed and were showing around E3 time. And Microsoft was just like, ‘This is unacceptable. You need to figure out a way to get a better resolution.’ So we worked with them directly, they gave us a code update to let us get to full 1080p.”
Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition is out today on PS4, PS3 Xbox One and Xbox 360. Watch out for our review which will go up on the site later on this week.
Thanks Eurogamer's Digital Foundry.
- Final piece of Dark Souls II Season Pass DLC arrives on PC and Xbox 360
- CD Projekt RED releases some concept art for Triss and Emhyr from The Witcher 3
- 2K announces the new MyCareer mode for WWE 2K15
- Microsoft skips 9 and goes straight to announcing Windows 10
- Luis Suarez' ban extends into FIFA 15 as well
- Creative Assembly revives the multiplayer for Rome: Total War – Alexander on Steam
- Shadow Of Mordor launch trailer makes the game look suitably epic
- Minecraft for PS Vita heads into final testing
- PlayStation Home to close next year