Microsoft insisted on 1080p for Diablo III on the Xbox One
Blizzard has revealed that Microsoft insisted that they get Diablo III running at 1080p on the Xbox One.
At E3 Blizzard were showing the Xbox One version of Diablo III running at 900p as they were finding 1080p challenging but were told by Microsoft that 900p was “unacceptable”.
Blizzard's John Hight stated, “We did find it challenging early on to get it to 1080p. That’s why we made the decision to drop to 900. That’s what we demoed and were showing around E3 time. And Microsoft was just like, ‘This is unacceptable. You need to figure out a way to get a better resolution.’ So we worked with them directly, they gave us a code update to let us get to full 1080p.”
Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition is out today on PS4, PS3 Xbox One and Xbox 360. Watch out for our review which will go up on the site later on this week.
Thanks Eurogamer's Digital Foundry.
- The Witness's puzzles are finished but there is still plenty of work to be done on the game
- Dragon's Dogma Online announced for release in Japan
- Life Is Strange episodes will release six weeks apart
- Reptile is returning in Mortal Kombat X
- New Xbox One Controller firmware update will cut the connection time in half
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week
- New Heart Of Thorns expansion announced for Guild Wars 2
- Wikipedia arbitration committee bans five feminist editors from commenting on feminist articles over GamerGate
- Ubisoft in the process of deleting game keys fraudulently-acquired by resellers from UPlay