Microsoft insisted on 1080p for Diablo III on the Xbox One
Blizzard has revealed that Microsoft insisted that they get Diablo III running at 1080p on the Xbox One.
At E3 Blizzard were showing the Xbox One version of Diablo III running at 900p as they were finding 1080p challenging but were told by Microsoft that 900p was “unacceptable”.
Blizzard's John Hight stated, “We did find it challenging early on to get it to 1080p. That’s why we made the decision to drop to 900. That’s what we demoed and were showing around E3 time. And Microsoft was just like, ‘This is unacceptable. You need to figure out a way to get a better resolution.’ So we worked with them directly, they gave us a code update to let us get to full 1080p.”
Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition is out today on PS4, PS3 Xbox One and Xbox 360. Watch out for our review which will go up on the site later on this week.
Thanks Eurogamer's Digital Foundry.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One