Microsoft insisted on 1080p for Diablo III on the Xbox One
Blizzard has revealed that Microsoft insisted that they get Diablo III running at 1080p on the Xbox One.
At E3 Blizzard were showing the Xbox One version of Diablo III running at 900p as they were finding 1080p challenging but were told by Microsoft that 900p was “unacceptable”.
Blizzard's John Hight stated, “We did find it challenging early on to get it to 1080p. That’s why we made the decision to drop to 900. That’s what we demoed and were showing around E3 time. And Microsoft was just like, ‘This is unacceptable. You need to figure out a way to get a better resolution.’ So we worked with them directly, they gave us a code update to let us get to full 1080p.”
Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition is out today on PS4, PS3 Xbox One and Xbox 360. Watch out for our review which will go up on the site later on this week.
Thanks Eurogamer's Digital Foundry.
- Darth Revan to make a return in Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Quake Live arrives on Steam
- Survivor mode to bring lots of extra content for Alien: Isolation
- Microsoft to release a special version of the Xbox One controller for PC
- Don't be fooled by the violins and sunflowers, The Evil Within's TGS trailer is scary
- 2K Games revives the NHL 2K franchise for mobiles
- Sledgehammer bringing a touch of Dead Space's immersive design to Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- 343 on the absence of Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach from the Master Chief Collection: We ran out of disc space
- Latest PS3 update for Minecraft adds save transfer to PS4 support, Vita version still in testing