Xbox 360 still has 5 years left
Microsoft has definite plans to extend the lifespan of the Xbox 360 to 10 years in total.
Microsoft's Chris Lewis told Business Week at GamesCom that Kinect should extend the lifespan of the 360 by five years.
Lewis said: "Kinect really gives us, I think, a very genuine additional five years. What Kinect does is broaden us out to users that we weren't addressing in the past."
Kinect will launch on November the 4th in North America and the 10th in Europe.
- BioShock Infinite: Complete Edition coming this November
- Final piece of Dark Souls II DLC is delayed, new screenshots released to soothe the pain
- Eden Hazard shows off some of his new skill moves from FIFA 15
- Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass comes with a 2.5D standalone adventure set in China
- Saints Row IV modders create a new weapon skin for the Alien SMG in honour of Steve Jaros' departure
- PlayStation TV gets a release date for Europe and the US
- Driveclub gets a white PS4 hardware bundle
- Sony offering up a free online multiplayer weekend on PS4 this weekend
- Sledgehammer promises a reveal of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare co-op mode soon