Xbox 360 still has 5 years left
Microsoft has definite plans to extend the lifespan of the Xbox 360 to 10 years in total.
Microsoft's Chris Lewis told Business Week at GamesCom that Kinect should extend the lifespan of the 360 by five years.
Lewis said: "Kinect really gives us, I think, a very genuine additional five years. What Kinect does is broaden us out to users that we weren't addressing in the past."
Kinect will launch on November the 4th in North America and the 10th in Europe.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3