Xbox 360 still has 5 years left
Microsoft has definite plans to extend the lifespan of the Xbox 360 to 10 years in total.
Microsoft's Chris Lewis told Business Week at GamesCom that Kinect should extend the lifespan of the 360 by five years.
Lewis said: "Kinect really gives us, I think, a very genuine additional five years. What Kinect does is broaden us out to users that we weren't addressing in the past."
Kinect will launch on November the 4th in North America and the 10th in Europe.
- BioWare's David Gaider moves from Dragon Age to a new secret BioWare project
- Cross-Buy coming to Windows 10 and Xbox One staring with Zen Pinball FX2
- Bungie knew about Destiny's loot cave before launch
- This year's BAFTA Games Awards to stream live on Twitch, watch it here
- Harmonix confirms Rock Band 4 coming to next-gen consoles this year
- Wasteland 2 also coming to the PS4
- Block 'N' Load gets a final launch date
- Elite: Dangerous is a timed exclusive on the Xbox One, PS4 version is coming too
- Phil Harrison rumoured to be leaving Microsoft