Xbox 360 still has 5 years left
Microsoft has definite plans to extend the lifespan of the Xbox 360 to 10 years in total.
Microsoft's Chris Lewis told Business Week at GamesCom that Kinect should extend the lifespan of the 360 by five years.
Lewis said: "Kinect really gives us, I think, a very genuine additional five years. What Kinect does is broaden us out to users that we weren't addressing in the past."
Kinect will launch on November the 4th in North America and the 10th in Europe.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015