Hollenshead not sold on 3D
Id's Todd Hollenshead has been expressing his doubts over the current push for 3D visuals.
Hollenshead told Eurogamer recently that the 3D revolution that everyone is talking about is still some way off.
The id Software boss said: "My most recent, oh, okay, this is really cool experience with 3D was with the movie Avatar, which everybody has seen. Even then, I was a little annoyed that I had to wear these glasses for two hours in a movie. My nose hurt by the end of it."
He continued: "I know the stuff in your living room is different. You can get higher quality glasses that fit. But you still gotta sit in your living room wearing these glasses. And then if you're playing games and move your head then it can get out of phase, which is a major issue."
Hollenshead added: "And, also, the TVs are f***ing expensive. Is there enough content to justify?"
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone