This is Vegas cancelled?
In what could be one of the games industry's biggest wastes of money recent times Warner Bros' Vegas-based sandbox title This is Vegas has been canned.
Sources close to CVG have reportedly said that the game which was originally a Midway property has been disposed of discreetly.
The source also reported that the game was costing almost 250,000 USD per month and had already cost 43 million USD when Midway's assets were bought by Warner Bros.
Surreal Studios, the team developing This is Vegas was quietly dissolved in June with most of the staff being split between Monolith and Snowblind.
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week
- New Heart Of Thorns expansion announced for Guild Wars 2
- Wikipedia arbitration committee bans five feminist editors from commenting on feminist articles over GamerGate
- Ubisoft in the process of deleting game keys fraudulently-acquired by resellers from UPlay
- Gearbox is now recruiting for developers to work on Borderlands 3
- DayZ passes the 3 million sales mark on Steam Early Access
- Planetside 2 sets a new Guinness World Record for the most players in an online FPS game
- Homeworld remasters look stunning, will be released next month
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network