Balls calls for more government support for the UK games industry
Labour MP Ed Balls has heavily criticised the coalition government for their treatment of the games industry.
The current redundancies in Dundee have prompted the former cabinet minister to speak out on the axing of the proposed tax relief scheme for UK developers.
Balls wrote on his blog: "The Tory-Lib Dem government is putting the future of the computer games industry in Scotland at risk."
He continued: "The terrible news this week about Realtime Worlds could be just the start unless the coalition government rethinks its decisions which are costing jobs and risking the recovery."
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III