Balls calls for more government support for the UK games industry
Labour MP Ed Balls has heavily criticised the coalition government for their treatment of the games industry.
The current redundancies in Dundee have prompted the former cabinet minister to speak out on the axing of the proposed tax relief scheme for UK developers.
Balls wrote on his blog: "The Tory-Lib Dem government is putting the future of the computer games industry in Scotland at risk."
He continued: "The terrible news this week about Realtime Worlds could be just the start unless the coalition government rethinks its decisions which are costing jobs and risking the recovery."
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year
- Valve reworks their Steam Early Access developer guidelines and rules
- Here's a bunch of new screenshots of Project CARS running on the Xbox One
- Free Power Of Defiance DLC arrives for Shadow Of Mordor
- Teaser trailer arrives for Telltale's Game Of Thrones