Balls calls for more government support for the UK games industry
Labour MP Ed Balls has heavily criticised the coalition government for their treatment of the games industry.
The current redundancies in Dundee have prompted the former cabinet minister to speak out on the axing of the proposed tax relief scheme for UK developers.
Balls wrote on his blog: "The Tory-Lib Dem government is putting the future of the computer games industry in Scotland at risk."
He continued: "The terrible news this week about Realtime Worlds could be just the start unless the coalition government rethinks its decisions which are costing jobs and risking the recovery."
- Elite devs Frontier lays off staff and effectively closes their Canadian studio
- Monstrum system specs announced
- Ever wonder what a week's worth of internet abuse looks like for Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian?
- The Witness's puzzles are finished but there is still plenty of work to be done on the game
- Dragon's Dogma Online announced for release in Japan
- Life Is Strange episodes will release six weeks apart
- Reptile is returning in Mortal Kombat X
- New Xbox One Controller firmware update will cut the connection time in half
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week