Balls calls for more government support for the UK games industry
Labour MP Ed Balls has heavily criticised the coalition government for their treatment of the games industry.
The current redundancies in Dundee have prompted the former cabinet minister to speak out on the axing of the proposed tax relief scheme for UK developers.
Balls wrote on his blog: "The Tory-Lib Dem government is putting the future of the computer games industry in Scotland at risk."
He continued: "The terrible news this week about Realtime Worlds could be just the start unless the coalition government rethinks its decisions which are costing jobs and risking the recovery."
- Techland announces a Dying Light modding contest alongside new updates for the toolset
- 2K announces the Evolve Proving Grounds tournament in conjunction with ESL
- Broken Age: Part 2 arrives for backers 24 hours ahead of the full launch
- Halo Championship Series Cup 1 cancelled due to continued online problems
- Dirt Rally announced as a PC exclusive, hits Steam Early Access
- PC benchmarking app arrives for Final Fantasy XIV players to make sure they can run Heavensward
- [UPDATE] Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro collaboration Silent Hills looks like it has been canned
- Gears Of War Xbox One remaster looks like it's coming
- Batman: Arkham Knight will have GTA V-style character switching