Balls calls for more government support for the UK games industry
Labour MP Ed Balls has heavily criticised the coalition government for their treatment of the games industry.
The current redundancies in Dundee have prompted the former cabinet minister to speak out on the axing of the proposed tax relief scheme for UK developers.
Balls wrote on his blog: "The Tory-Lib Dem government is putting the future of the computer games industry in Scotland at risk."
He continued: "The terrible news this week about Realtime Worlds could be just the start unless the coalition government rethinks its decisions which are costing jobs and risking the recovery."
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny