Spector checks in on Deus Ex team at GamesCom
Warren Spector took the opportunity at GamesCom this year to check in with Eidos Montreal and the franchise he created.
The series creator was curious about their decision to "introduce a third person mode" as he had previously said it was not a choice he would have made.
Thankfully, the game's producer David Anfossi was not fazed by Spector's pedigree and gave a solid answer.
"When we replayed the first two games we noticed that the augmentations are the stars of the show. We decided it would be nice to allow the player, when he decides to upgrade his character for takedowns or punching through walls, to show him that happening on screen making it more spectacular and giving him a reward. From that point we were able to introduce the cover system too."
Spector later headed over to the Deus Ex booth and had a look at the new game for the first time.
Anfossi added: "It was an honour to finally have the chance to present what the team has done in the last four years with this franchise. We were very nervous and it's funny that when Warren sat with us to look at the demo he was also very nervous. This franchise was his baby. It was a great moment for us. I won't speak for [Warren], but we received very good signs from him."
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3