Spector checks in on Deus Ex team at GamesCom
Warren Spector took the opportunity at GamesCom this year to check in with Eidos Montreal and the franchise he created.
The series creator was curious about their decision to "introduce a third person mode" as he had previously said it was not a choice he would have made.
Thankfully, the game's producer David Anfossi was not fazed by Spector's pedigree and gave a solid answer.
"When we replayed the first two games we noticed that the augmentations are the stars of the show. We decided it would be nice to allow the player, when he decides to upgrade his character for takedowns or punching through walls, to show him that happening on screen making it more spectacular and giving him a reward. From that point we were able to introduce the cover system too."
Spector later headed over to the Deus Ex booth and had a look at the new game for the first time.
Anfossi added: "It was an honour to finally have the chance to present what the team has done in the last four years with this franchise. We were very nervous and it's funny that when Warren sat with us to look at the demo he was also very nervous. This franchise was his baby. It was a great moment for us. I won't speak for [Warren], but we received very good signs from him."
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent
- New video gives a sneak peek at Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below
- Sony claims “no evidence” of a breach after hacker group claims to have leaked PSN account details online
- Activision using copyright strikes to remove Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare glitch videos from YouTube
- Steam Thanksgiving Sale to begin later this week
- Irrational Games seems to be hiring again
- Gorgeous Xbox One metroidvania adventure Ori And The Blind Forest delayed into next year
- Crytek bringing the action fo Warface to Siberia
- Warner Bros releases brand new Batman: Arkham Knight gameplay footage