PC mod tools confirmed for Call of Duty: Black Ops
Treyarch is making a concerted effort to woo PC gamers with Call of Duty: Black Ops.
In addition to the return of dedicated servers Treyarch has now promised that there will be modding tools available for Call of Duty Black Ops.
Infinity Ward rasied a lot of eyebrows in the PC gaming community by dropping support for dedicated servers and failing to produce any kind of modding tools for Modern Warfare 2.
The news came from one of the game's PC development team posting on the official Black Ops forum. The post read: "There are some purely technical issues related to engine and internal tool enhancements that do not easily fit the modtools paradigm. We have looked at it close enough to see that it is non-trivial and we will have to pick it up again post-launch. Right now we are completely focused on finishing the game. And, dev console: confirmed."
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey