PC mod tools confirmed for Call of Duty: Black Ops
Treyarch is making a concerted effort to woo PC gamers with Call of Duty: Black Ops.
In addition to the return of dedicated servers Treyarch has now promised that there will be modding tools available for Call of Duty Black Ops.
Infinity Ward rasied a lot of eyebrows in the PC gaming community by dropping support for dedicated servers and failing to produce any kind of modding tools for Modern Warfare 2.
The news came from one of the game's PC development team posting on the official Black Ops forum. The post read: "There are some purely technical issues related to engine and internal tool enhancements that do not easily fit the modtools paradigm. We have looked at it close enough to see that it is non-trivial and we will have to pick it up again post-launch. Right now we are completely focused on finishing the game. And, dev console: confirmed."
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One