PC mod tools confirmed for Call of Duty: Black Ops
Treyarch is making a concerted effort to woo PC gamers with Call of Duty: Black Ops.
In addition to the return of dedicated servers Treyarch has now promised that there will be modding tools available for Call of Duty Black Ops.
Infinity Ward rasied a lot of eyebrows in the PC gaming community by dropping support for dedicated servers and failing to produce any kind of modding tools for Modern Warfare 2.
The news came from one of the game's PC development team posting on the official Black Ops forum. The post read: "There are some purely technical issues related to engine and internal tool enhancements that do not easily fit the modtools paradigm. We have looked at it close enough to see that it is non-trivial and we will have to pick it up again post-launch. Right now we are completely focused on finishing the game. And, dev console: confirmed."
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date