PC mod tools confirmed for Call of Duty: Black Ops
Treyarch is making a concerted effort to woo PC gamers with Call of Duty: Black Ops.
In addition to the return of dedicated servers Treyarch has now promised that there will be modding tools available for Call of Duty Black Ops.
Infinity Ward rasied a lot of eyebrows in the PC gaming community by dropping support for dedicated servers and failing to produce any kind of modding tools for Modern Warfare 2.
The news came from one of the game's PC development team posting on the official Black Ops forum. The post read: "There are some purely technical issues related to engine and internal tool enhancements that do not easily fit the modtools paradigm. We have looked at it close enough to see that it is non-trivial and we will have to pick it up again post-launch. Right now we are completely focused on finishing the game. And, dev console: confirmed."
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer