GC 2010: Diablo III crafting detailed
Continuing the ability to craft items as implemented in Diablo II, Blizzard's role-playing sequel introduces a new crafting mechanic involving artisan followers.
Joystiq has details on the new crafting setup in Diablo III, which ditches the Horadric Cube in favour a more logic network of artisans.
A blacksmith, mystic, and jeweller--each can deliver specially crafted goods at your call. These non-playable characters actually follow you around the world, easily making new items from the smorgasbord of stuff you pick up.
Naturally, each artisan crafts distinct items. The blacksmith hammers out armour and weapons, while the mystic offers enchantments and the jeweller creates amulets and rings.
Diablo III will be available for PC. No release date has been announced.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year