GC 2010: Diablo III crafting detailed
Continuing the ability to craft items as implemented in Diablo II, Blizzard's role-playing sequel introduces a new crafting mechanic involving artisan followers.
Joystiq has details on the new crafting setup in Diablo III, which ditches the Horadric Cube in favour a more logic network of artisans.
A blacksmith, mystic, and jeweller--each can deliver specially crafted goods at your call. These non-playable characters actually follow you around the world, easily making new items from the smorgasbord of stuff you pick up.
Naturally, each artisan crafts distinct items. The blacksmith hammers out armour and weapons, while the mystic offers enchantments and the jeweller creates amulets and rings.
Diablo III will be available for PC. No release date has been announced.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III