GC 2010: Diablo III crafting detailed
Continuing the ability to craft items as implemented in Diablo II, Blizzard's role-playing sequel introduces a new crafting mechanic involving artisan followers.
Joystiq has details on the new crafting setup in Diablo III, which ditches the Horadric Cube in favour a more logic network of artisans.
A blacksmith, mystic, and jeweller--each can deliver specially crafted goods at your call. These non-playable characters actually follow you around the world, easily making new items from the smorgasbord of stuff you pick up.
Naturally, each artisan crafts distinct items. The blacksmith hammers out armour and weapons, while the mystic offers enchantments and the jeweller creates amulets and rings.
Diablo III will be available for PC. No release date has been announced.
- Wii U version of Project CARS may not be released
- Diversity and gay romance didn't hurt sales says BioWare's David Gaider
- Microsoft accidentally leaks a “placeholder” release date for Halo: ODST remaster
- Shipment of copies of Splatoon robbed en-route to the UK
- Mortal Kombat X not coming to PS3 and Xbox 360 in June
- Spiders' The Technomancer to debut at E3
- Dirty Bomb open beta is coming next month
- Ubisoft now emailing players to encourage them to finish their games
- Supremacy, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's next DLC coming to Xbox next month with added Bruce Campbell