GC 2010: Diablo III crafting detailed
Continuing the ability to craft items as implemented in Diablo II, Blizzard's role-playing sequel introduces a new crafting mechanic involving artisan followers.
Joystiq has details on the new crafting setup in Diablo III, which ditches the Horadric Cube in favour a more logic network of artisans.
A blacksmith, mystic, and jeweller--each can deliver specially crafted goods at your call. These non-playable characters actually follow you around the world, easily making new items from the smorgasbord of stuff you pick up.
Naturally, each artisan crafts distinct items. The blacksmith hammers out armour and weapons, while the mystic offers enchantments and the jeweller creates amulets and rings.
Diablo III will be available for PC. No release date has been announced.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer