GC 2010: Diablo III crafting detailed
Continuing the ability to craft items as implemented in Diablo II, Blizzard's role-playing sequel introduces a new crafting mechanic involving artisan followers.
Joystiq has details on the new crafting setup in Diablo III, which ditches the Horadric Cube in favour a more logic network of artisans.
A blacksmith, mystic, and jeweller--each can deliver specially crafted goods at your call. These non-playable characters actually follow you around the world, easily making new items from the smorgasbord of stuff you pick up.
Naturally, each artisan crafts distinct items. The blacksmith hammers out armour and weapons, while the mystic offers enchantments and the jeweller creates amulets and rings.
Diablo III will be available for PC. No release date has been announced.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date