GC 2010: Portal 2 out in February
There's no need to be bummed by the 2011 release date for Portal 2 because it's coming out sooner rather than later.
GameInformer has confirmed with developer Valve that its upcoming first-person puzzle sequel Portal 2 will be out at the beginning of February 2011.
That's much sooner than expected, as it had been thought that the game wouldn't be released until the second half of 2011. The highly anticipated sequel will likely be the year's first marquee title.
Portal 2 will be available for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC on February 9.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3