GC 2010: Portal 2 out in February
There's no need to be bummed by the 2011 release date for Portal 2 because it's coming out sooner rather than later.
GameInformer has confirmed with developer Valve that its upcoming first-person puzzle sequel Portal 2 will be out at the beginning of February 2011.
That's much sooner than expected, as it had been thought that the game wouldn't be released until the second half of 2011. The highly anticipated sequel will likely be the year's first marquee title.
Portal 2 will be available for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC on February 9.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny