Blizzard raising the World Of Warcraft subscription fee in the UK
Blizzard has announced a small rise in the price of the World Of Warcraft subscription when the Warlords Of Draenor expansion arrives later this year.
At the most basic level the monthly charge will rise from 8.99 GBP to 9.99 GBP. That's a whole pound a month although it still means that British WOW players will pay more than US players (15 USD per month) but less than European players (13 EUR per month).
A Blizzard rep stated, "We regularly look at our pricing around the world and from time to time we make changes in light of local and regional market conditions. As such, we want to give everyone a heads-up that we will shortly be adjusting the pound sterling subscription price of World of Warcraft. The new price for recurring subscriptions will be 9.99 GBP for 30 days, 28.17 GBP for 90 days, and 52.14 GBP for 180 days. The suggested retail price of the 60-day prepaid time card will be 20.99 GBP."
Warlords Of Draenor is expected to arrive for PC and Mac WOW players this coming November.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO