Blizzard raising the World Of Warcraft subscription fee in the UK
Blizzard has announced a small rise in the price of the World Of Warcraft subscription when the Warlords Of Draenor expansion arrives later this year.
At the most basic level the monthly charge will rise from 8.99 GBP to 9.99 GBP. That's a whole pound a month although it still means that British WOW players will pay more than US players (15 USD per month) but less than European players (13 EUR per month).
A Blizzard rep stated, "We regularly look at our pricing around the world and from time to time we make changes in light of local and regional market conditions. As such, we want to give everyone a heads-up that we will shortly be adjusting the pound sterling subscription price of World of Warcraft. The new price for recurring subscriptions will be 9.99 GBP for 30 days, 28.17 GBP for 90 days, and 52.14 GBP for 180 days. The suggested retail price of the 60-day prepaid time card will be 20.99 GBP."
Warlords Of Draenor is expected to arrive for PC and Mac WOW players this coming November.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year