Blizzard raising the World Of Warcraft subscription fee in the UK
Blizzard has announced a small rise in the price of the World Of Warcraft subscription when the Warlords Of Draenor expansion arrives later this year.
At the most basic level the monthly charge will rise from 8.99 GBP to 9.99 GBP. That's a whole pound a month although it still means that British WOW players will pay more than US players (15 USD per month) but less than European players (13 EUR per month).
A Blizzard rep stated, "We regularly look at our pricing around the world and from time to time we make changes in light of local and regional market conditions. As such, we want to give everyone a heads-up that we will shortly be adjusting the pound sterling subscription price of World of Warcraft. The new price for recurring subscriptions will be 9.99 GBP for 30 days, 28.17 GBP for 90 days, and 52.14 GBP for 180 days. The suggested retail price of the 60-day prepaid time card will be 20.99 GBP."
Warlords Of Draenor is expected to arrive for PC and Mac WOW players this coming November.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer