Realtime Worlds goes into administration
The latest news from Dundee is that Realtime Worlds has gone into administration.
Those in the games industry in Dundee have been setting Twitter on fire with the news that the Crackdown and APB studio is in severe trouble.
Realtime Worlds will be shedding 170 jobs for certain, retaining only 50 staff to maintain APB for the moment. The US satellite office in Colorado has been closed and the fate of the remaining 50 staff is uncertain.
It is believed that APB will still continue to function for the minute however whether or not it will remain in the hands of Realtime Wolrds or not is unknown.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One