Realtime Worlds goes into administration
The latest news from Dundee is that Realtime Worlds has gone into administration.
Those in the games industry in Dundee have been setting Twitter on fire with the news that the Crackdown and APB studio is in severe trouble.
Realtime Worlds will be shedding 170 jobs for certain, retaining only 50 staff to maintain APB for the moment. The US satellite office in Colorado has been closed and the fate of the remaining 50 staff is uncertain.
It is believed that APB will still continue to function for the minute however whether or not it will remain in the hands of Realtime Wolrds or not is unknown.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title