Rage release date confirmed
Id has confirmed that the release date that they mentioned at this year's QuakeCon for Rage is set in stone.
The long awaited free-roaming FPS from the DOOM and Quake creators will release in North America on September 13th with Europe and Australia following on September 16th.
Todd Hollenshead, president of id Software said: "Gamers all over the world can now officially begin the countdown to the launch of RAGE. At id, the development team continues their work to complete our newest franchise that will once again elevate the shooter genre."
Rage will be released on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 and id have gone to great lengths to show that the game experience will be the same on all three platforms. Id also showed off an iPhone version of the game at QuakeCon.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3