DualShock 4 PS4 controllers to be compatible with PC from launch
Sony has revealed that the new DualShock 4 controllers that will arrive with the PlayStation 4 will also be compatible with the PC from day one.
Shuhei Yoshida, head of Sony Worldwide Studios let the news out on Twitter explaining that DualShock 4 will manage what the PS3's DualShock 3 controllers never could.
He did caution that only the basic functionality of the DualShock 4 controllers would work so PC gamers shouldn't expect to be able to use the touchpad on the PS4 controllers but all of the analogue sticks and buttons function as expected.
Yoshida also added that they would need to wait for a post-launch field report before confirming that the DualShock 4 controllers would work straight off with the PC or whether they would need a specific driver update.
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday
- Warframe update 14 hits PS4 as it closes in on 10 million registered users
- Bungie releases the official Destiny launch gameplay trailer
- Codemasters releases a new Austria hotlap video for F1 2014
- Eden Hazard joins Lionel Messi on the cover of FIFA 15
- PS Vita getting a five-game Adventure Mega Pack hardware bundle
- Lords Of The Fallen has “a steep learning curve”
- PS4 trailer arrives for Dreamfall Chapters, and some screenshots too