DualShock 4 PS4 controllers to be compatible with PC from launch
Sony has revealed that the new DualShock 4 controllers that will arrive with the PlayStation 4 will also be compatible with the PC from day one.
Shuhei Yoshida, head of Sony Worldwide Studios let the news out on Twitter explaining that DualShock 4 will manage what the PS3's DualShock 3 controllers never could.
He did caution that only the basic functionality of the DualShock 4 controllers would work so PC gamers shouldn't expect to be able to use the touchpad on the PS4 controllers but all of the analogue sticks and buttons function as expected.
Yoshida also added that they would need to wait for a post-launch field report before confirming that the DualShock 4 controllers would work straight off with the PC or whether they would need a specific driver update.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III