DualShock 4 PS4 controllers to be compatible with PC from launch
Sony has revealed that the new DualShock 4 controllers that will arrive with the PlayStation 4 will also be compatible with the PC from day one.
Shuhei Yoshida, head of Sony Worldwide Studios let the news out on Twitter explaining that DualShock 4 will manage what the PS3's DualShock 3 controllers never could.
He did caution that only the basic functionality of the DualShock 4 controllers would work so PC gamers shouldn't expect to be able to use the touchpad on the PS4 controllers but all of the analogue sticks and buttons function as expected.
Yoshida also added that they would need to wait for a post-launch field report before confirming that the DualShock 4 controllers would work straight off with the PC or whether they would need a specific driver update.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey