DualShock 4 PS4 controllers to be compatible with PC from launch
Sony has revealed that the new DualShock 4 controllers that will arrive with the PlayStation 4 will also be compatible with the PC from day one.
Shuhei Yoshida, head of Sony Worldwide Studios let the news out on Twitter explaining that DualShock 4 will manage what the PS3's DualShock 3 controllers never could.
He did caution that only the basic functionality of the DualShock 4 controllers would work so PC gamers shouldn't expect to be able to use the touchpad on the PS4 controllers but all of the analogue sticks and buttons function as expected.
Yoshida also added that they would need to wait for a post-launch field report before confirming that the DualShock 4 controllers would work straight off with the PC or whether they would need a specific driver update.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny