GC 2010: Cars invade Red Faction
Downloadable instalment offers an action-packed look at the series's vehicles and the people who destroy them.
THQ revealed Red Faction: Battlegrounds ahead of its first showing at GamesCom later this week, detailing the download-only title as an intense new take on the first-person shooter series.
With a focus on multiplayer--no mention of a single player component--the game pits tanks against mechs on the surface of Mars. Naturally, defeating opponents earns you new customisation parts, vehicles, and cross-game rewards redeemable in Red Faction: Armageddon.
Red Faction: Battlegrounds will be available for download on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC at the end of 2010.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year