GC 2010: Cars invade Red Faction
Downloadable instalment offers an action-packed look at the series's vehicles and the people who destroy them.
THQ revealed Red Faction: Battlegrounds ahead of its first showing at GamesCom later this week, detailing the download-only title as an intense new take on the first-person shooter series.
With a focus on multiplayer--no mention of a single player component--the game pits tanks against mechs on the surface of Mars. Naturally, defeating opponents earns you new customisation parts, vehicles, and cross-game rewards redeemable in Red Faction: Armageddon.
Red Faction: Battlegrounds will be available for download on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC at the end of 2010.
- Wasteland 2 gets a final release date
- Hellblade not tied to Heavenly Sword in any way stresses Ninja Theory
- Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare gets a free trial on PC
- Crytek to repair their reputation by making good games
- Microsoft reveals another selection of Forza Horizon 2's 200 cars
- Microsoft insisted on 1080p for Diablo III on the Xbox One
- You want hardcore difficulty? Pillars Of Eternity will delete your savegame when you die
- Destiny writer joins Telltale Game to work on the Game Of Thrones series
- Ubisoft's support for PS3 and Xbox 360 to taper off after 2015