GC 2010: Cars invade Red Faction
Downloadable instalment offers an action-packed look at the series's vehicles and the people who destroy them.
THQ revealed Red Faction: Battlegrounds ahead of its first showing at GamesCom later this week, detailing the download-only title as an intense new take on the first-person shooter series.
With a focus on multiplayer--no mention of a single player component--the game pits tanks against mechs on the surface of Mars. Naturally, defeating opponents earns you new customisation parts, vehicles, and cross-game rewards redeemable in Red Faction: Armageddon.
Red Faction: Battlegrounds will be available for download on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC at the end of 2010.
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week
- New Heart Of Thorns expansion announced for Guild Wars 2
- Wikipedia arbitration committee bans five feminist editors from commenting on feminist articles over GamerGate
- Ubisoft in the process of deleting game keys fraudulently-acquired by resellers from UPlay
- Gearbox is now recruiting for developers to work on Borderlands 3
- DayZ passes the 3 million sales mark on Steam Early Access
- Planetside 2 sets a new Guinness World Record for the most players in an online FPS game
- Homeworld remasters look stunning, will be released next month
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network