GC 2010: Cars invade Red Faction
Downloadable instalment offers an action-packed look at the series's vehicles and the people who destroy them.
THQ revealed Red Faction: Battlegrounds ahead of its first showing at GamesCom later this week, detailing the download-only title as an intense new take on the first-person shooter series.
With a focus on multiplayer--no mention of a single player component--the game pits tanks against mechs on the surface of Mars. Naturally, defeating opponents earns you new customisation parts, vehicles, and cross-game rewards redeemable in Red Faction: Armageddon.
Red Faction: Battlegrounds will be available for download on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC at the end of 2010.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3