Plants vs Zombies Game of the Year Edition coming to Steam
Popcap's runaway tower defense title Plants vs Zombies is getting a very special new Game of the Year Edition on Steam.
Plants vs Zombies GOTY Edition is set to add Steam Cloud support allowing players to continue their play from any PC or Mac with a Steam client.
The new version launches today on PC and Mac and also includes and new Zombatar feature allowing players to create their own zombies and drop them directly into the game.
Popcap's Ron Powers said: "Delivering Plants vs. Zombies via Steam helped us reach a tremendous audience for the game. Adding Steam Cloud functionality to the game allows us to increase the value of the title to existing and new customers. In addition, with the title support Steam Play for cross platform play, it seemed the timing was perfect for adding Steam Cloud support."
For those who already have the game the additions in the GOTY edition will be added for free as an automatic update.
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today