Plants vs Zombies Game of the Year Edition coming to Steam
Popcap's runaway tower defense title Plants vs Zombies is getting a very special new Game of the Year Edition on Steam.
Plants vs Zombies GOTY Edition is set to add Steam Cloud support allowing players to continue their play from any PC or Mac with a Steam client.
The new version launches today on PC and Mac and also includes and new Zombatar feature allowing players to create their own zombies and drop them directly into the game.
Popcap's Ron Powers said: "Delivering Plants vs. Zombies via Steam helped us reach a tremendous audience for the game. Adding Steam Cloud functionality to the game allows us to increase the value of the title to existing and new customers. In addition, with the title support Steam Play for cross platform play, it seemed the timing was perfect for adding Steam Cloud support."
For those who already have the game the additions in the GOTY edition will be added for free as an automatic update.
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title
- Battlefield: Hardline beta coming to all platforms next week
- Transistor and Yakuza 4 among February's PS Plus Instant Game Collection pickings
- Third and final Life Is Strange development diary arrives ahead of tomorrow's launch of episode one
- Nintendo shows profits despite the Wii U continuing to underperform
- Goetia demo is now live
- There's a whole load of LEGO games coming this year including LEGO Jurassic World
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 devs confident that Resident Evil 7 will be mind-blowing
- Steam content creators raise more than 50 million USD making hats for Team Fortress 2 and the like