Plants vs Zombies Game of the Year Edition coming to Steam
Popcap's runaway tower defense title Plants vs Zombies is getting a very special new Game of the Year Edition on Steam.
Plants vs Zombies GOTY Edition is set to add Steam Cloud support allowing players to continue their play from any PC or Mac with a Steam client.
The new version launches today on PC and Mac and also includes and new Zombatar feature allowing players to create their own zombies and drop them directly into the game.
Popcap's Ron Powers said: "Delivering Plants vs. Zombies via Steam helped us reach a tremendous audience for the game. Adding Steam Cloud functionality to the game allows us to increase the value of the title to existing and new customers. In addition, with the title support Steam Play for cross platform play, it seemed the timing was perfect for adding Steam Cloud support."
For those who already have the game the additions in the GOTY edition will be added for free as an automatic update.
- OlliOlli 2 devs Roll7 troll the game's Twitter critics
- DayZ creator teams up with Improbable to make the game worlds he's always wanted
- Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster coming to the PS4 in the summer
- [Update] Possible March PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up appears on NeoGAF
- Trading gold for subscriptions coming soon to World Of Warcraft
- Unity 5 arrives completely free
- Mad Max gets slated for a September release
- Console ports of Gone Home have been shelved by Fullbright
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain release date leaked, getting an autumn release