Plants vs Zombies Game of the Year Edition coming to Steam
Popcap's runaway tower defense title Plants vs Zombies is getting a very special new Game of the Year Edition on Steam.
Plants vs Zombies GOTY Edition is set to add Steam Cloud support allowing players to continue their play from any PC or Mac with a Steam client.
The new version launches today on PC and Mac and also includes and new Zombatar feature allowing players to create their own zombies and drop them directly into the game.
Popcap's Ron Powers said: "Delivering Plants vs. Zombies via Steam helped us reach a tremendous audience for the game. Adding Steam Cloud functionality to the game allows us to increase the value of the title to existing and new customers. In addition, with the title support Steam Play for cross platform play, it seemed the timing was perfect for adding Steam Cloud support."
For those who already have the game the additions in the GOTY edition will be added for free as an automatic update.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3