Plants vs Zombies Game of the Year Edition coming to Steam
Popcap's runaway tower defense title Plants vs Zombies is getting a very special new Game of the Year Edition on Steam.
Plants vs Zombies GOTY Edition is set to add Steam Cloud support allowing players to continue their play from any PC or Mac with a Steam client.
The new version launches today on PC and Mac and also includes and new Zombatar feature allowing players to create their own zombies and drop them directly into the game.
Popcap's Ron Powers said: "Delivering Plants vs. Zombies via Steam helped us reach a tremendous audience for the game. Adding Steam Cloud functionality to the game allows us to increase the value of the title to existing and new customers. In addition, with the title support Steam Play for cross platform play, it seemed the timing was perfect for adding Steam Cloud support."
For those who already have the game the additions in the GOTY edition will be added for free as an automatic update.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year