Mafia II demo first on PS Plus
Publisher 2K Games has made the bizarre move of granting PlayStation Plus subscribers advance access to the playable demo of Mafia II tomorrow. PlayStation.Blog EU relayed the news of a 24-hour exclusive for PlayStation Plus users. Following the first day of availability, the Mafia II will be offered for the general public.
It's a bizarre move, though one that was tried unsuccessfully several times by various publishers on Xbox 360. At the urging of Microsoft in its hopes to push players into purchasing Xbox Live gold memberships, many demos were restricted to gold-level users for set periods of time.
It seems unlikely that a 24-hour exclusive will entice anyone to purchase a PlayStation Plus subscription. The real question is how many more publishers will try this before everyone realises it doesn't work.
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 may be coming to the PS Vita
- Destiny gets its first raid today, the Vault Of Glass
- Assassin's Creed: Unity co-op trailer arrives
- Lukewarm Destiny reviews could cost Bungie 2.5 million USD
- Borderlands multiplayer comes back to life on Steam
- Saints Row creative director Steve Jaros announces he's off to join Valve
- We want to rebuild a player-first culture says EA CEO Andrew Wilson
- WWE 2K15 gets delayed on next-gen
- Playground to add eight new cars to Forza Horizon 2 on launch day, VIP and Car pass details announced