Mafia II demo first on PS Plus
Publisher 2K Games has made the bizarre move of granting PlayStation Plus subscribers advance access to the playable demo of Mafia II tomorrow. PlayStation.Blog EU relayed the news of a 24-hour exclusive for PlayStation Plus users. Following the first day of availability, the Mafia II will be offered for the general public.
It's a bizarre move, though one that was tried unsuccessfully several times by various publishers on Xbox 360. At the urging of Microsoft in its hopes to push players into purchasing Xbox Live gold memberships, many demos were restricted to gold-level users for set periods of time.
It seems unlikely that a 24-hour exclusive will entice anyone to purchase a PlayStation Plus subscription. The real question is how many more publishers will try this before everyone realises it doesn't work.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto