Mafia II demo first on PS Plus
Publisher 2K Games has made the bizarre move of granting PlayStation Plus subscribers advance access to the playable demo of Mafia II tomorrow. PlayStation.Blog EU relayed the news of a 24-hour exclusive for PlayStation Plus users. Following the first day of availability, the Mafia II will be offered for the general public.
It's a bizarre move, though one that was tried unsuccessfully several times by various publishers on Xbox 360. At the urging of Microsoft in its hopes to push players into purchasing Xbox Live gold memberships, many demos were restricted to gold-level users for set periods of time.
It seems unlikely that a 24-hour exclusive will entice anyone to purchase a PlayStation Plus subscription. The real question is how many more publishers will try this before everyone realises it doesn't work.
- Hatred returns to Steam Greenlight
- Work on a Lords Of The Fallen sequel is under way
- The latest patch for Assassin's Creed: Unity is a whopper, especially for some on Xbox One
- Microsoft is planning a streaming service reportedly called Arcadia
- Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 in development, aiming for a 2016 release
- Jagex to pull the plug on Transformers Universe
- One of Johnny Gat's new toys from Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell takes a tour of London
- Free trial of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn arrives on the PS4
- Batman Of The Future character pack arrives for LEGO Batman 3