Mafia II demo first on PS Plus
Publisher 2K Games has made the bizarre move of granting PlayStation Plus subscribers advance access to the playable demo of Mafia II tomorrow. PlayStation.Blog EU relayed the news of a 24-hour exclusive for PlayStation Plus users. Following the first day of availability, the Mafia II will be offered for the general public.
It's a bizarre move, though one that was tried unsuccessfully several times by various publishers on Xbox 360. At the urging of Microsoft in its hopes to push players into purchasing Xbox Live gold memberships, many demos were restricted to gold-level users for set periods of time.
It seems unlikely that a 24-hour exclusive will entice anyone to purchase a PlayStation Plus subscription. The real question is how many more publishers will try this before everyone realises it doesn't work.
- Techland announces a Dying Light modding contest alongside new updates for the toolset
- 2K announces the Evolve Proving Grounds tournament in conjunction with ESL
- Broken Age: Part 2 arrives for backers 24 hours ahead of the full launch
- Halo Championship Series Cup 1 cancelled due to continued online problems
- Dirt Rally announced as a PC exclusive, hits Steam Early Access
- PC benchmarking app arrives for Final Fantasy XIV players to make sure they can run Heavensward
- [UPDATE] Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro collaboration Silent Hills looks like it has been canned
- Gears Of War Xbox One remaster looks like it's coming
- Batman: Arkham Knight will have GTA V-style character switching