FF Versus XIII development woes
Don't hold your breath for new information on the action-oriented spin-off to lauded role-playing game Final Fantasy XIII because more delays seem likely.
Andriasang has been watching information trickling via a Japanese Twitter feed for PSP game The 3rd Birthday, which has been surprisingly candid about other Square Enix games including Final Fantasy Versus XIII.
Producer Tetsuya Nomura explains in one tweet that the game has been difficult to develop and that several changes have been required to get it back on track.
"Versus has had many difficulties, and past method of production have been completely inapplicable, but these are the difficulties of birth, so we are working hard. We have a lot to announce, but because we're going in order, I can't say too much yet."
Nomura won't commit to showing the game at Toyko Game Show, putting doubt as to its current completion status.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3