FF Versus XIII development woes
Don't hold your breath for new information on the action-oriented spin-off to lauded role-playing game Final Fantasy XIII because more delays seem likely.
Andriasang has been watching information trickling via a Japanese Twitter feed for PSP game The 3rd Birthday, which has been surprisingly candid about other Square Enix games including Final Fantasy Versus XIII.
Producer Tetsuya Nomura explains in one tweet that the game has been difficult to develop and that several changes have been required to get it back on track.
"Versus has had many difficulties, and past method of production have been completely inapplicable, but these are the difficulties of birth, so we are working hard. We have a lot to announce, but because we're going in order, I can't say too much yet."
Nomura won't commit to showing the game at Toyko Game Show, putting doubt as to its current completion status.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side