FF Versus XIII development woes
Don't hold your breath for new information on the action-oriented spin-off to lauded role-playing game Final Fantasy XIII because more delays seem likely.
Andriasang has been watching information trickling via a Japanese Twitter feed for PSP game The 3rd Birthday, which has been surprisingly candid about other Square Enix games including Final Fantasy Versus XIII.
Producer Tetsuya Nomura explains in one tweet that the game has been difficult to develop and that several changes have been required to get it back on track.
"Versus has had many difficulties, and past method of production have been completely inapplicable, but these are the difficulties of birth, so we are working hard. We have a lot to announce, but because we're going in order, I can't say too much yet."
Nomura won't commit to showing the game at Toyko Game Show, putting doubt as to its current completion status.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year