Medal of Honor expectations low
EA is openly admitting that it holds no expectations that the upcoming instalment of its first-person shooter series will topple giants of the genre Call of Duty and Halo.
CVG has an intriguing story based on EA's financial reporting that describes the attitude around projected sales for Medal of Honor, the forthcoming shooter set in Afghanistan.
The company's chief operating officer John Schappert admitted, "I think that's almost a foregone conclusion that we'll get the share gain [in the shooter genre]. I don't expect to topple either Halo or CoD this year."
Those are honest words. Schappert insisted that EA has a long-term strategy in place to take the lead in the genre that will begin to manifest results starting in 2011.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone