Medal of Honor expectations low
EA is openly admitting that it holds no expectations that the upcoming instalment of its first-person shooter series will topple giants of the genre Call of Duty and Halo.
CVG has an intriguing story based on EA's financial reporting that describes the attitude around projected sales for Medal of Honor, the forthcoming shooter set in Afghanistan.
The company's chief operating officer John Schappert admitted, "I think that's almost a foregone conclusion that we'll get the share gain [in the shooter genre]. I don't expect to topple either Halo or CoD this year."
Those are honest words. Schappert insisted that EA has a long-term strategy in place to take the lead in the genre that will begin to manifest results starting in 2011.
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today
- Over 2000 developers sign an open letter calling for the community to take a stand against harassment