Medal of Honor expectations low
EA is openly admitting that it holds no expectations that the upcoming instalment of its first-person shooter series will topple giants of the genre Call of Duty and Halo.
CVG has an intriguing story based on EA's financial reporting that describes the attitude around projected sales for Medal of Honor, the forthcoming shooter set in Afghanistan.
The company's chief operating officer John Schappert admitted, "I think that's almost a foregone conclusion that we'll get the share gain [in the shooter genre]. I don't expect to topple either Halo or CoD this year."
Those are honest words. Schappert insisted that EA has a long-term strategy in place to take the lead in the genre that will begin to manifest results starting in 2011.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny