Medal of Honor expectations low
EA is openly admitting that it holds no expectations that the upcoming instalment of its first-person shooter series will topple giants of the genre Call of Duty and Halo.
CVG has an intriguing story based on EA's financial reporting that describes the attitude around projected sales for Medal of Honor, the forthcoming shooter set in Afghanistan.
The company's chief operating officer John Schappert admitted, "I think that's almost a foregone conclusion that we'll get the share gain [in the shooter genre]. I don't expect to topple either Halo or CoD this year."
Those are honest words. Schappert insisted that EA has a long-term strategy in place to take the lead in the genre that will begin to manifest results starting in 2011.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light