StarCraft II shifts 1 million copies on first day
Blizzard has been overwhelmed by the response to the release of StarCraft II.
StarCraft II: wings of Liberty sold 1.5 million copies worldwide within 48 hours of the game going on sale.
Blizzard CEO Mike Morhaime: "We launched StarCraft II in 11 different languages and on five different continents because we wanted to make sure as many players as possible were able to log on and play on day one."
StarCraft II released worldwide on July 27th with 8000 retail stores worldwide opening at midnight to let frenzied StarCraft fans get their hands on the sequel that was seven years in the making.
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes