StarCraft II shifts 1 million copies on first day
Blizzard has been overwhelmed by the response to the release of StarCraft II.
StarCraft II: wings of Liberty sold 1.5 million copies worldwide within 48 hours of the game going on sale.
Blizzard CEO Mike Morhaime: "We launched StarCraft II in 11 different languages and on five different continents because we wanted to make sure as many players as possible were able to log on and play on day one."
StarCraft II released worldwide on July 27th with 8000 retail stores worldwide opening at midnight to let frenzied StarCraft fans get their hands on the sequel that was seven years in the making.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer