StarCraft II shifts 1 million copies on first day
Blizzard has been overwhelmed by the response to the release of StarCraft II.
StarCraft II: wings of Liberty sold 1.5 million copies worldwide within 48 hours of the game going on sale.
Blizzard CEO Mike Morhaime: "We launched StarCraft II in 11 different languages and on five different continents because we wanted to make sure as many players as possible were able to log on and play on day one."
StarCraft II released worldwide on July 27th with 8000 retail stores worldwide opening at midnight to let frenzied StarCraft fans get their hands on the sequel that was seven years in the making.
- EA closes Maxis Emeryville
- Pillars Of Eternity is going to be massive
- Frontier is bringing Elite: Dangerous to the Xbox One this year
- Xbox One snags Wasteland 2
- Valve settles on a final design for the Steam Controller
- Elite creator David Braben to be honoured with this year's BAFTA Fellowship
- The date's out but Konami reveals the Collector's Edition of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
- New Steam Link hardware unveiled by Valve, Steam Controllers dated
- Valve announces the Source 2 engine