StarCraft II shifts 1 million copies on first day
Blizzard has been overwhelmed by the response to the release of StarCraft II.
StarCraft II: wings of Liberty sold 1.5 million copies worldwide within 48 hours of the game going on sale.
Blizzard CEO Mike Morhaime: "We launched StarCraft II in 11 different languages and on five different continents because we wanted to make sure as many players as possible were able to log on and play on day one."
StarCraft II released worldwide on July 27th with 8000 retail stores worldwide opening at midnight to let frenzied StarCraft fans get their hands on the sequel that was seven years in the making.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One