StarCraft II shifts 1 million copies on first day
Blizzard has been overwhelmed by the response to the release of StarCraft II.
StarCraft II: wings of Liberty sold 1.5 million copies worldwide within 48 hours of the game going on sale.
Blizzard CEO Mike Morhaime: "We launched StarCraft II in 11 different languages and on five different continents because we wanted to make sure as many players as possible were able to log on and play on day one."
StarCraft II released worldwide on July 27th with 8000 retail stores worldwide opening at midnight to let frenzied StarCraft fans get their hands on the sequel that was seven years in the making.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III