Capcom: Okamiden and DS were a natural fit
Capcom has been giving out some more details on their forthcoming sequel to Okami.
Okamiden producer Motohide Eshiro has been talking of their choice of the DS as a platform to the UK's Official Nintendo Magazine.
Eshiro said: "The distinctive feature of the Celestial Brush is just screaming out to be realised on the DS touch screen. I think it's only natural that Okamiden was designed for DS."
He added: "Showing such diverse, sensitive colours that were seen in the original Okami was one tough task indeed. However, it was rather fortuitous for Capcom to have plenty of talented programmers and graphic designers that they have put everything into this title and recreated that very experience on the DS."
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer