Operation Flashpoint sequel spotted
A follow up to Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising has been confirmed, although details about the Codemasters-published title are scarce.
The Official Xbox Magazine spoke with CVG about the game's debut in the magazine's upcoming issue. While not a lot was said about Operation Flashpoint: Red River, at least we know it's official.
"Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising was tremendously ambitious, but struggled to deliver," opines editor Jon Hicks. "So we were pleased to see that the sequel is a tighter, more focused game that's nevertheless still striving for a more realistic recreation of warfare."
Although no announcement has been made, Operation Flashpoint: Red River will presumably be available for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side