Operation Flashpoint sequel spotted
A follow up to Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising has been confirmed, although details about the Codemasters-published title are scarce.
The Official Xbox Magazine spoke with CVG about the game's debut in the magazine's upcoming issue. While not a lot was said about Operation Flashpoint: Red River, at least we know it's official.
"Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising was tremendously ambitious, but struggled to deliver," opines editor Jon Hicks. "So we were pleased to see that the sequel is a tighter, more focused game that's nevertheless still striving for a more realistic recreation of warfare."
Although no announcement has been made, Operation Flashpoint: Red River will presumably be available for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC.
- OlliOlli 2 devs Roll7 troll the game's Twitter critics
- DayZ creator teams up with Improbable to make the game worlds he's always wanted
- Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster coming to the PS4 in the summer
- [Update] Possible March PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up appears on NeoGAF
- Trading gold for subscriptions coming soon to World Of Warcraft
- Unity 5 arrives completely free
- Mad Max gets slated for a September release
- Console ports of Gone Home have been shelved by Fullbright
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain release date leaked, getting an autumn release