Alpha Protocol moves 700k copies
Although sales are lower than desired, critically panned espionage role-playing game Alpha Protocol sold surprisingly better than expected.
Of course, that's a disappointment given the publisher's desire to see the Obsidian-developer game push well over a million copies. Criticism over its technical stability, mission design, and writing led to low-scoring reviews.
The debatable sales figures of Alpha Protocol didn't drag the company down, though, as the Japanese conglomerate saw profits rise close to 300% year-to-date.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer