Alpha Protocol moves 700k copies
Although sales are lower than desired, critically panned espionage role-playing game Alpha Protocol sold surprisingly better than expected.
Of course, that's a disappointment given the publisher's desire to see the Obsidian-developer game push well over a million copies. Criticism over its technical stability, mission design, and writing led to low-scoring reviews.
The debatable sales figures of Alpha Protocol didn't drag the company down, though, as the Japanese conglomerate saw profits rise close to 300% year-to-date.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One