Garriott awarded 28 million USD from NCSoft
A US court has awarded Richard Garriott 28 million USD in damages from NCSoft as the result of his recent lawsuit over his dismissal in 2008.
The award came on the grounds that he was forced to exercise his stock options in unfavourable conditions after being fired from the Korean MMO giant .
NCSoft had claimed that Lord British had left to pursue "new interests" but it later emerged that he had been fired after he returned from the International Space Station.
Garriott said: "I am extremely pleased with the jury's decision. The facts were clear that my departure from NCsoft was not voluntary. I am very pleased with the final award."
Thanks Edge Online.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey