Garriott awarded 28 million USD from NCSoft
A US court has awarded Richard Garriott 28 million USD in damages from NCSoft as the result of his recent lawsuit over his dismissal in 2008.
The award came on the grounds that he was forced to exercise his stock options in unfavourable conditions after being fired from the Korean MMO giant .
NCSoft had claimed that Lord British had left to pursue "new interests" but it later emerged that he had been fired after he returned from the International Space Station.
Garriott said: "I am extremely pleased with the jury's decision. The facts were clear that my departure from NCsoft was not voluntary. I am very pleased with the final award."
Thanks Edge Online.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto