Garriott awarded 28 million USD from NCSoft
A US court has awarded Richard Garriott 28 million USD in damages from NCSoft as the result of his recent lawsuit over his dismissal in 2008.
The award came on the grounds that he was forced to exercise his stock options in unfavourable conditions after being fired from the Korean MMO giant .
NCSoft had claimed that Lord British had left to pursue "new interests" but it later emerged that he had been fired after he returned from the International Space Station.
Garriott said: "I am extremely pleased with the jury's decision. The facts were clear that my departure from NCsoft was not voluntary. I am very pleased with the final award."
Thanks Edge Online.
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side
- Wonder what Zombie mode looks like for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare? Here's a trailer
- Xbox 360 Titanfall players getting a massive update next week
- Ubisoft pulls the Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass, offering free DLC and games to apologize for the problems with the game