Garriott awarded 28 million USD from NCSoft
A US court has awarded Richard Garriott 28 million USD in damages from NCSoft as the result of his recent lawsuit over his dismissal in 2008.
The award came on the grounds that he was forced to exercise his stock options in unfavourable conditions after being fired from the Korean MMO giant .
NCSoft had claimed that Lord British had left to pursue "new interests" but it later emerged that he had been fired after he returned from the International Space Station.
Garriott said: "I am extremely pleased with the jury's decision. The facts were clear that my departure from NCsoft was not voluntary. I am very pleased with the final award."
Thanks Edge Online.
- Sleeping Dogs follow-up Triad Wars is a PC-only online title
- Latest Destiny patch dials back the difficulty levels in some missions
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare co-op reveal dated for tomorrow
- Blizzard finally cans Titan
- The Xbox One is now cheaper than the PS4 in the UK
- Counter-Strike Nexon: Zombies open beta is live now
- Ultima creator's new game Shroud Of The Avatar gets Greenlit on Steam in just 2 days
- Arrowhead's Gauntlet reboot arrives on PC
- We are now a Steam Curator