Garriott awarded 28 million USD from NCSoft
A US court has awarded Richard Garriott 28 million USD in damages from NCSoft as the result of his recent lawsuit over his dismissal in 2008.
The award came on the grounds that he was forced to exercise his stock options in unfavourable conditions after being fired from the Korean MMO giant .
NCSoft had claimed that Lord British had left to pursue "new interests" but it later emerged that he had been fired after he returned from the International Space Station.
Garriott said: "I am extremely pleased with the jury's decision. The facts were clear that my departure from NCsoft was not voluntary. I am very pleased with the final award."
Thanks Edge Online.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3