Valve to support developers on Mac versions
Valve has announced that they will be releasing portions of its graphics code to developers to assist in producing Mac versions of their games for Steam.
The assistance will go out to developers planning to use the Steamworks community infrastructure on what is seen as the toughest part of Mac games development.
Jason Holtman told GamesIndustry.biz: "We're going to release some of our graphics code for the GL layer."
He continued: "So our Steamworks partners will have access to some of the hard work that we do to get our games up on Mac, and they'll be able to incorporate that into their games - and our hope is it gets them there faster."
- Dark Souls 2 could see a fourth pack of DLC released
- Far Cry 4 is all about player choice, has five endings
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC system specifications announced
- Evolution adds more multiplayer events to Driveclub as they continue to work on the game's server issues
- Rockstar announces a San Andreas 10th Anniversary event this weekend for GTA Online
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round gets a release date
- Unfinished Swan to hit the PS4 and PS Vita next week
- Gamersgate.com CEO emphasizes that they have nothing to do with #Gamergate
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update