Valve to support developers on Mac versions
Valve has announced that they will be releasing portions of its graphics code to developers to assist in producing Mac versions of their games for Steam.
The assistance will go out to developers planning to use the Steamworks community infrastructure on what is seen as the toughest part of Mac games development.
Jason Holtman told GamesIndustry.biz: "We're going to release some of our graphics code for the GL layer."
He continued: "So our Steamworks partners will have access to some of the hard work that we do to get our games up on Mac, and they'll be able to incorporate that into their games - and our hope is it gets them there faster."
- Microsoft announces Games With Gold selection for September
- IGDA Board Of Directors calls for the community to rally against attacks, threats and harassment of developers
- Square Enix reveals what they've added in Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX in the latest trailer
- New Lords Of The Fallen trailer introduces the game world and soundtrack
- Jonathan Blow responds to the last couple of weeks nastiness in his own honest fashion
- Apple holding a press event on September 9th, likely for iPhone announcement
- Have you ever wondered what Dark Souls would look like as a 2D platformer?
- Microsoft announces a release date for Forza Horizon 2 demo
- Assassin's Creed: Unity release pushed back