Valve to support developers on Mac versions
Valve has announced that they will be releasing portions of its graphics code to developers to assist in producing Mac versions of their games for Steam.
The assistance will go out to developers planning to use the Steamworks community infrastructure on what is seen as the toughest part of Mac games development.
Jason Holtman told GamesIndustry.biz: "We're going to release some of our graphics code for the GL layer."
He continued: "So our Steamworks partners will have access to some of the hard work that we do to get our games up on Mac, and they'll be able to incorporate that into their games - and our hope is it gets them there faster."
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III