Valve to support developers on Mac versions
Valve has announced that they will be releasing portions of its graphics code to developers to assist in producing Mac versions of their games for Steam.
The assistance will go out to developers planning to use the Steamworks community infrastructure on what is seen as the toughest part of Mac games development.
Jason Holtman told GamesIndustry.biz: "We're going to release some of our graphics code for the GL layer."
He continued: "So our Steamworks partners will have access to some of the hard work that we do to get our games up on Mac, and they'll be able to incorporate that into their games - and our hope is it gets them there faster."
- EA to unveil Star Wars: Battlefront later on this month
- No 2015 launch for Zelda Wii U after all
- Konami continues to purge all references to Hideo Kojima with Silent Hills and Zone Of The Enders
- New Gears Of War title is Xbox One only
- Sony closes the door on PlayStation Home on last time
- StarCraft II: Legacy Of The Void beta invites go out today
- Final Fantasy XIV's first expansion Heavensward will launch in June
- Sony gives the full PS Plus line-up for April
- Before The Fall patch arrives for Final Fantasy XIV today