Valve to support developers on Mac versions
Valve has announced that they will be releasing portions of its graphics code to developers to assist in producing Mac versions of their games for Steam.
The assistance will go out to developers planning to use the Steamworks community infrastructure on what is seen as the toughest part of Mac games development.
Jason Holtman told GamesIndustry.biz: "We're going to release some of our graphics code for the GL layer."
He continued: "So our Steamworks partners will have access to some of the hard work that we do to get our games up on Mac, and they'll be able to incorporate that into their games - and our hope is it gets them there faster."
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent
- New video gives a sneak peek at Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below
- Sony claims “no evidence” of a breach after hacker group claims to have leaked PSN account details online
- Activision using copyright strikes to remove Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare glitch videos from YouTube
- Steam Thanksgiving Sale to begin later this week
- Irrational Games seems to be hiring again
- Gorgeous Xbox One metroidvania adventure Ori And The Blind Forest delayed into next year
- Crytek bringing the action fo Warface to Siberia
- Warner Bros releases brand new Batman: Arkham Knight gameplay footage