Worms goes back to its roots on PC with Worms: Reloaded
Team 17 has announced that Worms will be returning to its roots with a new 2D PC title.
Worms: Reloaded pays homage to the original PC incarnations of Worms and Worms 2 and will launch on Steam on August the 26th.
The game will feature over 45 weapons to use on over 60 single player levels including Warzone Campaign and Bodycount Mode all nicely wrapped up in new HD visuals.
Team 17's Martyn Brown said: "Worms Reloaded has been a labour of love for the team given the legacy of 2D PC Worms titles such as Worms 2, Worms Armageddon etc. It has been almost 10 years since the last 2D game was released on personal computers."
Brown continued: "In bringing Worms Reloaded to PC, we've reintroduced so much of what gamers loved about the good old days, and it's fitting that it is also the first Worms game we've self-published since the early games. We are very much looking forward to supporting the game through the community on Steam as well as our own Facebook page."
worms: Reloaded will be available to preorder from today with a 10 percent discount, 24-hour early access and exclusive in-game team enhancing items.
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch