Worms goes back to its roots on PC with Worms: Reloaded
Team 17 has announced that Worms will be returning to its roots with a new 2D PC title.
Worms: Reloaded pays homage to the original PC incarnations of Worms and Worms 2 and will launch on Steam on August the 26th.
The game will feature over 45 weapons to use on over 60 single player levels including Warzone Campaign and Bodycount Mode all nicely wrapped up in new HD visuals.
Team 17's Martyn Brown said: "Worms Reloaded has been a labour of love for the team given the legacy of 2D PC Worms titles such as Worms 2, Worms Armageddon etc. It has been almost 10 years since the last 2D game was released on personal computers."
Brown continued: "In bringing Worms Reloaded to PC, we've reintroduced so much of what gamers loved about the good old days, and it's fitting that it is also the first Worms game we've self-published since the early games. We are very much looking forward to supporting the game through the community on Steam as well as our own Facebook page."
worms: Reloaded will be available to preorder from today with a 10 percent discount, 24-hour early access and exclusive in-game team enhancing items.
- Latest PS3 update for Minecraft adds save transfer to PS4 support, Vita version still in testing
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 may be coming to the PS Vita
- Destiny gets its first raid today, the Vault Of Glass
- Assassin's Creed: Unity co-op trailer arrives
- Lukewarm Destiny reviews could cost Bungie 2.5 million USD
- Borderlands multiplayer comes back to life on Steam
- Saints Row creative director Steve Jaros announces he's off to join Valve
- We want to rebuild a player-first culture says EA CEO Andrew Wilson
- WWE 2K15 gets delayed on next-gen