Worms goes back to its roots on PC with Worms: Reloaded
Team 17 has announced that Worms will be returning to its roots with a new 2D PC title.
Worms: Reloaded pays homage to the original PC incarnations of Worms and Worms 2 and will launch on Steam on August the 26th.
The game will feature over 45 weapons to use on over 60 single player levels including Warzone Campaign and Bodycount Mode all nicely wrapped up in new HD visuals.
Team 17's Martyn Brown said: "Worms Reloaded has been a labour of love for the team given the legacy of 2D PC Worms titles such as Worms 2, Worms Armageddon etc. It has been almost 10 years since the last 2D game was released on personal computers."
Brown continued: "In bringing Worms Reloaded to PC, we've reintroduced so much of what gamers loved about the good old days, and it's fitting that it is also the first Worms game we've self-published since the early games. We are very much looking forward to supporting the game through the community on Steam as well as our own Facebook page."
worms: Reloaded will be available to preorder from today with a 10 percent discount, 24-hour early access and exclusive in-game team enhancing items.
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent