Worms goes back to its roots on PC with Worms: Reloaded
Team 17 has announced that Worms will be returning to its roots with a new 2D PC title.
Worms: Reloaded pays homage to the original PC incarnations of Worms and Worms 2 and will launch on Steam on August the 26th.
The game will feature over 45 weapons to use on over 60 single player levels including Warzone Campaign and Bodycount Mode all nicely wrapped up in new HD visuals.
Team 17's Martyn Brown said: "Worms Reloaded has been a labour of love for the team given the legacy of 2D PC Worms titles such as Worms 2, Worms Armageddon etc. It has been almost 10 years since the last 2D game was released on personal computers."
Brown continued: "In bringing Worms Reloaded to PC, we've reintroduced so much of what gamers loved about the good old days, and it's fitting that it is also the first Worms game we've self-published since the early games. We are very much looking forward to supporting the game through the community on Steam as well as our own Facebook page."
worms: Reloaded will be available to preorder from today with a 10 percent discount, 24-hour early access and exclusive in-game team enhancing items.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015