Playlogic files for bankruptcy
Dutch publisher Playlogic has hit hard times, forced to file for bankruptcy in light of financial troubles including cash flow problems and loan defaults.
In the US equivalent of Chapter 11 bankruptcy, Playlogic has filed for surseance van betaling in the Netherlands as Gamasutra reports.
The Fairytale Fights published has been on a precipitous financial decline the last few months. Exacerbating the company's inability to pay its bills is pending litigation against Austrian company Koch Media for 1.7 million Euros. that Playlogic insists it's owed.
One filing proscribed a bleak outlook. "There is substantial doubt about our ability to continue as a going concern."
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year