Playlogic files for bankruptcy
Dutch publisher Playlogic has hit hard times, forced to file for bankruptcy in light of financial troubles including cash flow problems and loan defaults.
In the US equivalent of Chapter 11 bankruptcy, Playlogic has filed for surseance van betaling in the Netherlands as Gamasutra reports.
The Fairytale Fights published has been on a precipitous financial decline the last few months. Exacerbating the company's inability to pay its bills is pending litigation against Austrian company Koch Media for 1.7 million Euros. that Playlogic insists it's owed.
One filing proscribed a bleak outlook. "There is substantial doubt about our ability to continue as a going concern."
- Dark Souls 2 could see a fourth pack of DLC released
- Far Cry 4 is all about player choice, has five endings
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC system specifications announced
- Evolution adds more multiplayer events to Driveclub as they continue to work on the game's server issues
- Rockstar announces a San Andreas 10th Anniversary event this weekend for GTA Online
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round gets a release date
- Unfinished Swan to hit the PS4 and PS Vita next week
- Gamersgate.com CEO emphasizes that they have nothing to do with #Gamergate
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update