Playlogic files for bankruptcy
Dutch publisher Playlogic has hit hard times, forced to file for bankruptcy in light of financial troubles including cash flow problems and loan defaults.
In the US equivalent of Chapter 11 bankruptcy, Playlogic has filed for surseance van betaling in the Netherlands as Gamasutra reports.
The Fairytale Fights published has been on a precipitous financial decline the last few months. Exacerbating the company's inability to pay its bills is pending litigation against Austrian company Koch Media for 1.7 million Euros. that Playlogic insists it's owed.
One filing proscribed a bleak outlook. "There is substantial doubt about our ability to continue as a going concern."
- Wii U version of Project CARS may not be released
- Diversity and gay romance didn't hurt sales says BioWare's David Gaider
- Microsoft accidentally leaks a “placeholder” release date for Halo: ODST remaster
- Shipment of copies of Splatoon robbed en-route to the UK
- Mortal Kombat X not coming to PS3 and Xbox 360 in June
- Spiders' The Technomancer to debut at E3
- Dirty Bomb open beta is coming next month
- Ubisoft now emailing players to encourage them to finish their games
- Supremacy, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's next DLC coming to Xbox next month with added Bruce Campbell