Playlogic files for bankruptcy
Dutch publisher Playlogic has hit hard times, forced to file for bankruptcy in light of financial troubles including cash flow problems and loan defaults.
In the US equivalent of Chapter 11 bankruptcy, Playlogic has filed for surseance van betaling in the Netherlands as Gamasutra reports.
The Fairytale Fights published has been on a precipitous financial decline the last few months. Exacerbating the company's inability to pay its bills is pending litigation against Austrian company Koch Media for 1.7 million Euros. that Playlogic insists it's owed.
One filing proscribed a bleak outlook. "There is substantial doubt about our ability to continue as a going concern."
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One