Playlogic files for bankruptcy
Dutch publisher Playlogic has hit hard times, forced to file for bankruptcy in light of financial troubles including cash flow problems and loan defaults.
In the US equivalent of Chapter 11 bankruptcy, Playlogic has filed for surseance van betaling in the Netherlands as Gamasutra reports.
The Fairytale Fights published has been on a precipitous financial decline the last few months. Exacerbating the company's inability to pay its bills is pending litigation against Austrian company Koch Media for 1.7 million Euros. that Playlogic insists it's owed.
One filing proscribed a bleak outlook. "There is substantial doubt about our ability to continue as a going concern."
- Shovel Knight arrives on PlayStation platforms this week
- Microsoft shows off Spartan Locke in action in Halo 5: Guardians
- Bethesda E3 press conference invites tease everything but Fallout 4
- New Mass Effect details possibly leaked in an online survey
- Phil Spencer promises a first-party-focused E3 offering from Microsoft
- Valve tackles phishing and scamming on Steam by requiring new users spend 5 USD to make use of all features
- Borderlands franchise director leaves Gearbox
- Blizzard announces a release date for Heroes Of The Storm and an open beta too
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May