Street Fighter IV 3DS a 2D fighter
Don't be fooled by the 3D moniker for the upcoming Nintendo 3DS version of Street Fighter IV because it's sticking to 2D gameplay.
Andriasang has translated an interview Famitsu has published with Producer Yoshinori Ono about the state of the 3DS fighter and how the gameplay will differ with consideration to the 3D graphics.
Although Ono declined to specifically comment on how the handheld's 3D feature will be utilised, he made clear that the gameplay would remain 2D. "The gameplay will be the same as Super Street Fighter IV."
That's a very good thing given the console's near-universal acclaim. According to Ono, Street Fighter IV 3D Edition is 10% done.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer