Street Fighter IV 3DS a 2D fighter
Don't be fooled by the 3D moniker for the upcoming Nintendo 3DS version of Street Fighter IV because it's sticking to 2D gameplay.
Andriasang has translated an interview Famitsu has published with Producer Yoshinori Ono about the state of the 3DS fighter and how the gameplay will differ with consideration to the 3D graphics.
Although Ono declined to specifically comment on how the handheld's 3D feature will be utilised, he made clear that the gameplay would remain 2D. "The gameplay will be the same as Super Street Fighter IV."
That's a very good thing given the console's near-universal acclaim. According to Ono, Street Fighter IV 3D Edition is 10% done.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3