R4 cartridges banned in UK
The cartridges, which are popular for storing illegal copies of Nintendo DS games, have been categorically banned in the UK following pressure from Nintendo.
It might be okay to jailbreak your iPhone or iPod touch in the US, but it's not okay to own an r$ cartridge in the UK. Develop reports on a crackdown on the popular pirating device.
Used by those seeking to illegal download Nintendo DS games, the special cartridge is able to hold dozens of games on a single cartridge.
Unfortunately, the move threatens anyone using R4 cartridges for home brew games. Although the UK government acknowledges this, the use of R4 cartridges requires bypassing Nintendo DS security protocols and so therefore is disallowed.
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition