BioWare helping on Darkspore RPG
EA Maxis has primary responsibility for completing role-playing game Darkspore, yet a helping hand from BioWare can't hurt.
GameSpot confirms from a Comic Con San Diego panel that Edmonton-based BioWare is indeed providing help to Maxis in the development of Darkspore.
The role-playing game, which is based on the evolutionary-themed universe of Spore, features class-based combat abilities and customisable characters pulled together in a story-driven campaign.
One exciting piece of news broken during the panel was the game's support of cooperative play. While it's not clear if this refers to online co-op or local teaming up, either is welcome.
Darkspore will be available for PC in February 2011.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer