Activision: GoldenEye 007 the Wii game the core has been waiting for
Activision's producer for GoldenEye 007 on the Wii, Julian Widdows reckons that this is the game that will finally break the core market for the Wii.
In an interview with Gamasutra Widdows said that he believes that GoldenEye 007 can do for the core gamers on the Wii what it did for FPS titles on consoles when it arrived on the N64.
Widdows said: "I think there's an awareness within Nintendo as well as in Activision that the Wii has potential that hasn't been realized yet, and that's [capturing] the rest of the core audience."
He added: "We're confident that [GoldenEye] holds such a special place in gamers' hearts and gaming history, it's not only going to attract people who game, but attract more people wholesale."
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III