Activision: GoldenEye 007 the Wii game the core has been waiting for
Activision's producer for GoldenEye 007 on the Wii, Julian Widdows reckons that this is the game that will finally break the core market for the Wii.
In an interview with Gamasutra Widdows said that he believes that GoldenEye 007 can do for the core gamers on the Wii what it did for FPS titles on consoles when it arrived on the N64.
Widdows said: "I think there's an awareness within Nintendo as well as in Activision that the Wii has potential that hasn't been realized yet, and that's [capturing] the rest of the core audience."
He added: "We're confident that [GoldenEye] holds such a special place in gamers' hearts and gaming history, it's not only going to attract people who game, but attract more people wholesale."
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3