EA Sports partners up with the Premier League
EA Sports has announced a new partnership with the Barclays Premier League beginning with the new football season.
In a deal similar to the deal they struct with ESPN for the NFL coverage, all the Premiership coverage will feature EA Sports branding for the new season.
EA Sports will also be providing enhancements that will allow better match day analysis and fan interaction.
Matt Bilbey, Vice President of Football, EA Sports said: "As the most watched domestic football competition in the world, the Barclays Premier League delivers tremendous global exposure and direct access to one of the most passionate football audiences in the world. Partnering with the Premier League further establishes EA SPORTS and its FIFA franchise as the ultimate, authentic football gaming experience. We look forward to adding further in-game authenticity with the direct access to the Player Performance Index as well as releasing new ways to leverage our technology to enhance the fans enjoyment of Barclays Premier League football on and beyond match day each week."
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week
- New Heart Of Thorns expansion announced for Guild Wars 2
- Wikipedia arbitration committee bans five feminist editors from commenting on feminist articles over GamerGate
- Ubisoft in the process of deleting game keys fraudulently-acquired by resellers from UPlay
- Gearbox is now recruiting for developers to work on Borderlands 3
- DayZ passes the 3 million sales mark on Steam Early Access
- Planetside 2 sets a new Guinness World Record for the most players in an online FPS game
- Homeworld remasters look stunning, will be released next month
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network