EA unveils Darkspore
EA has unveiled the next title to come out of their Maxis Studio - an action RPG based on the Spore universe called Darkspore.
The new action RPG will pit players in a race against time to save the universe from the evil Darkspore in single player mode or co-operatively with up to four friends.
Darkspore promises limitless upgrades and customisations available through body parts collected on each planet level.
Maxis GM, Lucy Bradshaw said: "Darkspore is inspired in part by the award-winning creature editor tech of Spore, but also in large part from the team's own passion for gaming and prior experience. The team has combined these inspirations to produce a unique take on the action RPG genre."
Darkspore is destined for PC early next year.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer