EA unveils Darkspore
EA has unveiled the next title to come out of their Maxis Studio - an action RPG based on the Spore universe called Darkspore.
The new action RPG will pit players in a race against time to save the universe from the evil Darkspore in single player mode or co-operatively with up to four friends.
Darkspore promises limitless upgrades and customisations available through body parts collected on each planet level.
Maxis GM, Lucy Bradshaw said: "Darkspore is inspired in part by the award-winning creature editor tech of Spore, but also in large part from the team's own passion for gaming and prior experience. The team has combined these inspirations to produce a unique take on the action RPG genre."
Darkspore is destined for PC early next year.
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week
- New Heart Of Thorns expansion announced for Guild Wars 2
- Wikipedia arbitration committee bans five feminist editors from commenting on feminist articles over GamerGate
- Ubisoft in the process of deleting game keys fraudulently-acquired by resellers from UPlay
- Gearbox is now recruiting for developers to work on Borderlands 3
- DayZ passes the 3 million sales mark on Steam Early Access
- Planetside 2 sets a new Guinness World Record for the most players in an online FPS game
- Homeworld remasters look stunning, will be released next month
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network