EA unveils Darkspore
EA has unveiled the next title to come out of their Maxis Studio - an action RPG based on the Spore universe called Darkspore.
The new action RPG will pit players in a race against time to save the universe from the evil Darkspore in single player mode or co-operatively with up to four friends.
Darkspore promises limitless upgrades and customisations available through body parts collected on each planet level.
Maxis GM, Lucy Bradshaw said: "Darkspore is inspired in part by the award-winning creature editor tech of Spore, but also in large part from the team's own passion for gaming and prior experience. The team has combined these inspirations to produce a unique take on the action RPG genre."
Darkspore is destined for PC early next year.
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent