EA unveils Darkspore
EA has unveiled the next title to come out of their Maxis Studio - an action RPG based on the Spore universe called Darkspore.
The new action RPG will pit players in a race against time to save the universe from the evil Darkspore in single player mode or co-operatively with up to four friends.
Darkspore promises limitless upgrades and customisations available through body parts collected on each planet level.
Maxis GM, Lucy Bradshaw said: "Darkspore is inspired in part by the award-winning creature editor tech of Spore, but also in large part from the team's own passion for gaming and prior experience. The team has combined these inspirations to produce a unique take on the action RPG genre."
Darkspore is destined for PC early next year.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year