Hardcore Kinect titles within a year
Although Microsoft is aiming for a casual audience with Kinect, the company is promising hardcore titles within 18 months of its launch.
GamesIndustry.bizspoke with Microsoft about the possibility of hardcore titles coming to Kinect. European executive Chris Lewis explained that hardcore games are coming, but it'll be a long wait.
"I think all of the different types of gaming experiences you describe will become available over the coming 18 months or so."
Nintendo made a similar promise following the launch of Wii. Remember how well they fulfilled that promise? Enjoy the wait.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3