Hardcore Kinect titles within a year
Although Microsoft is aiming for a casual audience with Kinect, the company is promising hardcore titles within 18 months of its launch.
GamesIndustry.bizspoke with Microsoft about the possibility of hardcore titles coming to Kinect. European executive Chris Lewis explained that hardcore games are coming, but it'll be a long wait.
"I think all of the different types of gaming experiences you describe will become available over the coming 18 months or so."
Nintendo made a similar promise following the launch of Wii. Remember how well they fulfilled that promise? Enjoy the wait.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year