Hardcore Kinect titles within a year
Although Microsoft is aiming for a casual audience with Kinect, the company is promising hardcore titles within 18 months of its launch.
GamesIndustry.bizspoke with Microsoft about the possibility of hardcore titles coming to Kinect. European executive Chris Lewis explained that hardcore games are coming, but it'll be a long wait.
"I think all of the different types of gaming experiences you describe will become available over the coming 18 months or so."
Nintendo made a similar promise following the launch of Wii. Remember how well they fulfilled that promise? Enjoy the wait.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title