MW2 subscriptions debunked
Rumour of a subscription plan for Modern Warfare 2 and successive instalments has been debunked by publisher Activision.
Despite speculation by numerous parties on the possibility of subscriptions for Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer content, Activision and developers Infinity Ward and Treyarch have convincingly denied the claim.
Infinity Ward's Robert Bowling states, "To be clear: There is not, and will never be, additional fees required to subscribe and play Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer."
Analysts are continuing to fuel the rumour in spite of such a definitive denial, calling into question the general veracity of analyst claims.
- Hatred returns to Steam Greenlight
- Work on a Lords Of The Fallen sequel is under way
- The latest patch for Assassin's Creed: Unity is a whopper, especially for some on Xbox One
- Microsoft is planning a streaming service reportedly called Arcadia
- Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 in development, aiming for a 2016 release
- Jagex to pull the plug on Transformers Universe
- One of Johnny Gat's new toys from Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell takes a tour of London
- Free trial of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn arrives on the PS4
- Batman Of The Future character pack arrives for LEGO Batman 3