MW2 subscriptions debunked
Rumour of a subscription plan for Modern Warfare 2 and successive instalments has been debunked by publisher Activision.
Despite speculation by numerous parties on the possibility of subscriptions for Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer content, Activision and developers Infinity Ward and Treyarch have convincingly denied the claim.
Infinity Ward's Robert Bowling states, "To be clear: There is not, and will never be, additional fees required to subscribe and play Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer."
Analysts are continuing to fuel the rumour in spite of such a definitive denial, calling into question the general veracity of analyst claims.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone