MW2 subscriptions debunked
Rumour of a subscription plan for Modern Warfare 2 and successive instalments has been debunked by publisher Activision.
Despite speculation by numerous parties on the possibility of subscriptions for Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer content, Activision and developers Infinity Ward and Treyarch have convincingly denied the claim.
Infinity Ward's Robert Bowling states, "To be clear: There is not, and will never be, additional fees required to subscribe and play Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer."
Analysts are continuing to fuel the rumour in spite of such a definitive denial, calling into question the general veracity of analyst claims.
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
- Take-Two reports GTA V has sold over 34 million copies
- Stephen Colbert deconstructs #Gamergate last night with guest Anita Sarkeesian
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0
- New trailer makes Final Fantasy Type-0 HD look like the darkest Final Fantasy game yet