MW2 subscriptions debunked
Rumour of a subscription plan for Modern Warfare 2 and successive instalments has been debunked by publisher Activision.
Despite speculation by numerous parties on the possibility of subscriptions for Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer content, Activision and developers Infinity Ward and Treyarch have convincingly denied the claim.
Infinity Ward's Robert Bowling states, "To be clear: There is not, and will never be, additional fees required to subscribe and play Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer."
Analysts are continuing to fuel the rumour in spite of such a definitive denial, calling into question the general veracity of analyst claims.
- Possible dates for the Steam Summer Sale appear online
- Rise Of The Tomb Raider on Xbox 360 doesn't appear in Square Enix's financials for this year
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week with new gear and rewards
- Titanfall developers Respawn won't be at E3 this year
- Destiny: Xur's location and stock for May 28th
- Destiny's Trials Of Osiris declared a success, Bungie bans cheaters
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer