Tomb Raider progresses, Hitman 4 planned
As well as revealing their purchase of Io Interactive, Eidos made another couple of announcements via yesterday's conference call, including an update on the status of the new Tomb Raider game - removed from series founders Core and currently in the works at San Jose's Crystal Dynamics.
"We saw a new version of Tomb Raider for the first time last week at our development meeting and we were extremely impressed with the progress that's been made so far," enthused Eidos CEO Mike McGarvey. "We're still doing a lot of market research, in terms of direction of the content and the character, but the fundamental technology is already complete and the character is up and running in the environment with new moves and new control systems. So we're extremely encouraged to see that progress. We're not in a position right now to articulate the creative direction of the franchise. It's still a little early. But we're certainly very excited about what we've seen so far."
Deus Ex designer Warren Spector is also rumoured to be lending a hand on this crucial project for Eidos, though this has yet to be confirmed by official sources.
In other news, despite Hitman Contracts not actually being due for release until late April, Eidos have already revealed plans for Hitman 4: "We have the new Hitman that we'll release this April, and we'll come back with another iteration next fiscal year. So we will have another Hitman for next fiscal year in the late spring," commented McGarvey once again.
Thanks to 1up.com for this spot.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date