Activision planning subs for Call of Duty?
A video has surfaced showing what seems to be Xbox Live demanding that a player pays an additional subscription to play Modern Warfare 2.
A confused forum member going by the name of Pwnshop on 360 Junkies posted a video of him trying to join a friend's game of Modern Warfare 2 and being asked to pay for what seems to be called a Modern warfare 2 Memebership.
Given Bobby Kotick's recent comments that he wants to see subscriptions for Call of Duty's multiplayer and that the series accounts for 60 percent of Xbox Live use and he wants a slice of the action the video does seem feasible.
Treyarch seem to have other ideas having said that Call of Duty: Black Ops will be free to play online. Community manager Josh Olin tweeted: "No, you will not have to 'Pay to Play' CODBlackOps Multiplayer either. Rumor - Squashed."
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny