Activision planning subs for Call of Duty?
A video has surfaced showing what seems to be Xbox Live demanding that a player pays an additional subscription to play Modern Warfare 2.
A confused forum member going by the name of Pwnshop on 360 Junkies posted a video of him trying to join a friend's game of Modern Warfare 2 and being asked to pay for what seems to be called a Modern warfare 2 Memebership.
Given Bobby Kotick's recent comments that he wants to see subscriptions for Call of Duty's multiplayer and that the series accounts for 60 percent of Xbox Live use and he wants a slice of the action the video does seem feasible.
Treyarch seem to have other ideas having said that Call of Duty: Black Ops will be free to play online. Community manager Josh Olin tweeted: "No, you will not have to 'Pay to Play' CODBlackOps Multiplayer either. Rumor - Squashed."
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO