Activision planning subs for Call of Duty?
A video has surfaced showing what seems to be Xbox Live demanding that a player pays an additional subscription to play Modern Warfare 2.
A confused forum member going by the name of Pwnshop on 360 Junkies posted a video of him trying to join a friend's game of Modern Warfare 2 and being asked to pay for what seems to be called a Modern warfare 2 Memebership.
Given Bobby Kotick's recent comments that he wants to see subscriptions for Call of Duty's multiplayer and that the series accounts for 60 percent of Xbox Live use and he wants a slice of the action the video does seem feasible.
Treyarch seem to have other ideas having said that Call of Duty: Black Ops will be free to play online. Community manager Josh Olin tweeted: "No, you will not have to 'Pay to Play' CODBlackOps Multiplayer either. Rumor - Squashed."
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year