Activision planning subs for Call of Duty?
A video has surfaced showing what seems to be Xbox Live demanding that a player pays an additional subscription to play Modern Warfare 2.
A confused forum member going by the name of Pwnshop on 360 Junkies posted a video of him trying to join a friend's game of Modern Warfare 2 and being asked to pay for what seems to be called a Modern warfare 2 Memebership.
Given Bobby Kotick's recent comments that he wants to see subscriptions for Call of Duty's multiplayer and that the series accounts for 60 percent of Xbox Live use and he wants a slice of the action the video does seem feasible.
Treyarch seem to have other ideas having said that Call of Duty: Black Ops will be free to play online. Community manager Josh Olin tweeted: "No, you will not have to 'Pay to Play' CODBlackOps Multiplayer either. Rumor - Squashed."
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer