Activision planning subs for Call of Duty?
A video has surfaced showing what seems to be Xbox Live demanding that a player pays an additional subscription to play Modern Warfare 2.
A confused forum member going by the name of Pwnshop on 360 Junkies posted a video of him trying to join a friend's game of Modern Warfare 2 and being asked to pay for what seems to be called a Modern warfare 2 Memebership.
Given Bobby Kotick's recent comments that he wants to see subscriptions for Call of Duty's multiplayer and that the series accounts for 60 percent of Xbox Live use and he wants a slice of the action the video does seem feasible.
Treyarch seem to have other ideas having said that Call of Duty: Black Ops will be free to play online. Community manager Josh Olin tweeted: "No, you will not have to 'Pay to Play' CODBlackOps Multiplayer either. Rumor - Squashed."
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title