PS3 3D games limited to 720p to save frame rate
Sony has outlined their policy for producing 3D games for the PS3.
They delivered the news at last week's Develop Conference stating that, while the PS3 is capable of delivering 3D graphics at 1080p it would hinder the frame rate.
In order to produce a smoother and better 3D experience Sony has decided to limit most 3D titles to 720p.
Sony are aiming to deliver all their 3D titles at a minimum of 60 fps.
- Left 4 Dead 2 finally gets an uncensored release in Australia
- Starting Destiny from a “blank canvas” was liberating says Bungie
- Driveclub PS Plus Edition will be an added extra for PS Plus subscribers in October
- Chris Roberts: Star Citizen does have potential on next-gen consoles
- Rockstar explains the delay to the PC version of GTA V
- The plan is to bring PSOne, PS2 and PS4 games to PS Now in the future says Sony
- Major Nelson reveals three new Xbox 360 hardware bundles coming this week
- Markus 'Notch' Persson: “I didn’t have the connection to my fans I thought I had”
- Microsoft purchases Minecraft devs Mojang for 2.5 billion USD, Markus Persson and other founders to leave