PS3 3D games limited to 720p to save frame rate
Sony has outlined their policy for producing 3D games for the PS3.
They delivered the news at last week's Develop Conference stating that, while the PS3 is capable of delivering 3D graphics at 1080p it would hinder the frame rate.
In order to produce a smoother and better 3D experience Sony has decided to limit most 3D titles to 720p.
Sony are aiming to deliver all their 3D titles at a minimum of 60 fps.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3