Rein apologises for his indie outburst
Epic's Mark Rein has apologised for his outburst at the Develop conference in Brighton, which caused panel member Cliff Harris of indie developer Positech to call him a "triple-A studio jerk".
Rein composed a lengthy email in which he apologises for his behaviour and explains the reasoning behind what he was trying to say during the panel session.
Rein wrote: "I want to apologise. It was completely rude of me to interrupt your panel with my opinion no matter how well intentioned. I'm supremely passionate about the plight of indie developers, and game developers in general, and I heard something I thought was incorrect advice and I just couldn't keep my big mouth shut."
Rein also said reticently: "After spending the whole day on the plane ride home from England yesterday I was greeted with a link to your blog post and boy do I feel like an ass now."
The entire apology has been published over on Develop Online.
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network
- New 2-on-2 mode lands in Destiny's Crucible
- Second Life Is Strange developer diaries arrives, Reddit AMA planned for next week
- Destiny's Crota's End Raid beaten in 27 minutes on Hard Mode
- Techland to show off Dying Light's asymmetric multiplayer Be A Zombie mode tomorrow
- You won't need a new graphics card in order to use DirectX 12
- Dying Light physical launch outside North America coming end of February with free DLC for all
- Telltale's Game Of Thrones Episode 2 coming at the beginning of next month
- Sony unveils special edition Bloodborne PS4s for Japan