Rein apologises for his indie outburst
Epic's Mark Rein has apologised for his outburst at the Develop conference in Brighton, which caused panel member Cliff Harris of indie developer Positech to call him a "triple-A studio jerk".
Rein composed a lengthy email in which he apologises for his behaviour and explains the reasoning behind what he was trying to say during the panel session.
Rein wrote: "I want to apologise. It was completely rude of me to interrupt your panel with my opinion no matter how well intentioned. I'm supremely passionate about the plight of indie developers, and game developers in general, and I heard something I thought was incorrect advice and I just couldn't keep my big mouth shut."
Rein also said reticently: "After spending the whole day on the plane ride home from England yesterday I was greeted with a link to your blog post and boy do I feel like an ass now."
The entire apology has been published over on Develop Online.
- Destiny's Vault of Glass Raid coming next week
- Evolution boasts load times under 10 seconds and a 17GB install for Driveclub
- Frontier announces the final release pricing for Elite: Dangerous
- Footage appears of a cancelled Kinect-powered Gears Of War RTS
- Sony closing PSN access for European PSP users next week
- Hotline Miami themed DLC coming to Payday 2
- Sony: The PS Vita is “remarkably resilient”
- Football Manager documentary headed to Vue Cinemas next month
- Curious about the how combat works in Frozen Synapse Prime? The latest video explains all