Rein apologises for his indie outburst
Epic's Mark Rein has apologised for his outburst at the Develop conference in Brighton, which caused panel member Cliff Harris of indie developer Positech to call him a "triple-A studio jerk".
Rein composed a lengthy email in which he apologises for his behaviour and explains the reasoning behind what he was trying to say during the panel session.
Rein wrote: "I want to apologise. It was completely rude of me to interrupt your panel with my opinion no matter how well intentioned. I'm supremely passionate about the plight of indie developers, and game developers in general, and I heard something I thought was incorrect advice and I just couldn't keep my big mouth shut."
Rein also said reticently: "After spending the whole day on the plane ride home from England yesterday I was greeted with a link to your blog post and boy do I feel like an ass now."
The entire apology has been published over on Develop Online.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny