Killzone 3 kills loading times dead
Discontent with the jarring effect of loading screens, developer Guerrilla is pledging to do away with them in Killzone 3.
In an interview with AusGamer, Guerrilla's Steven Ter Heide explains that loading times have been eliminated from the game so as to create a seamless experience.
"[L]oading times are pretty much gone and we want to get rid of them completely. So it's going to be one seamless experience. You pop in the disc and play it through from beginning to end -- we want to get rid of that as much as possible."
Other games have done away with loading screens, only to replace them with lengthy corridors or elevator rides. The question is just how will Killzone 3 manage this?
- Other Ocean's #IDARB and Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons heading to Xbox Live's Games With Gold next month
- Cupcakes unveiled by The Behemoth as a new unit in Game 4
- Battlefield: Hardline developer diary arrives, promises beta date tomorrow
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn gets a free-login weekend beginning Friday
- Sony dropping the Maps and YouTube apps from the PS Vita
- Unidentified Russian believed to responsible for distributing Ubisoft's deleted illegitemate game keys
- Dragon Age: Inquisition becomes BioWare's best-selling game yet
- Elite devs Frontier lays off staff and effectively closes their Canadian studio
- Monstrum system specs announced