Lara Croft a timed XBLA exclusive
Microsoft has twisted the arm of adventuresome heroine Lara Croft into being exclusive to Xbox Live Arcade for a four week period starting in mid-August.
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light will be available for download exclusively on Xbox Live for four weeks before appearing on PlayStation Network and Windows. Eurogamer explains that the arrangement was set by publisher Microsoft.
Developer Crystal Dynamics explains, "The agreement with Microsoft is, in order to participate in their hugely successful Summer of Arcade promotion, there is a window of exclusivity. That window of exclusivity is a set four weeks."
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light will be available for download on Xbox 360 on August 18 for 1200 Microsoft Points.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto