Lara Croft a timed XBLA exclusive
Microsoft has twisted the arm of adventuresome heroine Lara Croft into being exclusive to Xbox Live Arcade for a four week period starting in mid-August.
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light will be available for download exclusively on Xbox Live for four weeks before appearing on PlayStation Network and Windows. Eurogamer explains that the arrangement was set by publisher Microsoft.
Developer Crystal Dynamics explains, "The agreement with Microsoft is, in order to participate in their hugely successful Summer of Arcade promotion, there is a window of exclusivity. That window of exclusivity is a set four weeks."
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light will be available for download on Xbox 360 on August 18 for 1200 Microsoft Points.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year