Lara Croft a timed XBLA exclusive
Microsoft has twisted the arm of adventuresome heroine Lara Croft into being exclusive to Xbox Live Arcade for a four week period starting in mid-August.
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light will be available for download exclusively on Xbox Live for four weeks before appearing on PlayStation Network and Windows. Eurogamer explains that the arrangement was set by publisher Microsoft.
Developer Crystal Dynamics explains, "The agreement with Microsoft is, in order to participate in their hugely successful Summer of Arcade promotion, there is a window of exclusivity. That window of exclusivity is a set four weeks."
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light will be available for download on Xbox 360 on August 18 for 1200 Microsoft Points.
- Dark Souls 2 could see a fourth pack of DLC released
- Far Cry 4 is all about player choice, has five endings
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC system specifications announced
- Evolution adds more multiplayer events to Driveclub as they continue to work on the game's server issues
- Rockstar announces a San Andreas 10th Anniversary event this weekend for GTA Online
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round gets a release date
- Unfinished Swan to hit the PS4 and PS Vita next week
- Gamersgate.com CEO emphasizes that they have nothing to do with #Gamergate
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update