Lara Croft a timed XBLA exclusive
Microsoft has twisted the arm of adventuresome heroine Lara Croft into being exclusive to Xbox Live Arcade for a four week period starting in mid-August.
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light will be available for download exclusively on Xbox Live for four weeks before appearing on PlayStation Network and Windows. Eurogamer explains that the arrangement was set by publisher Microsoft.
Developer Crystal Dynamics explains, "The agreement with Microsoft is, in order to participate in their hugely successful Summer of Arcade promotion, there is a window of exclusivity. That window of exclusivity is a set four weeks."
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light will be available for download on Xbox 360 on August 18 for 1200 Microsoft Points.
- Warren Spector lifts the lid on Junction Point's cancelled Half-Life 2 episode
- Ubisoft pledges to match up to 100,000 CAD of donations to aid Far Cry 4's inspiration Nepal recover from the earthquake
- Square Enix shows off their new DirectX 12-powered Luminous Studio engine
- Overkill's The Walking Dead game coming to PC and consoles next year
- Sony to release The Last Of Us DLC Left Behind as a standalone downloadable
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided trailer was a bit violent for Warren Spector's tastes
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC to arrive on Xbox 360 and PlayStation consoles this month
- EA gives a date and time for their 2015 E3 press conference
- Frozen Cortex gets a large free update